Re: [ICG-D] Sigh...Boston is a non-starter

  • DianeTHX
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
      It was wonderful, Betsy.

      Diane
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Betsy Delaney
      To: ICG List
      Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 10:23 AM
      Subject: [ICG-D] Sigh...Boston is a non-starter

      Well, now that Dan has returned, we've done a reality check, and sadly
      the previously planned trip to Boston is a thing of the past.

      Those of you who have gone or will go to the LOTR exhibit, please enjoy
      it for us.

      Sigh...

      Betsy
      Betsy R. Delaney
      Web Mistress at large

      http://www.WebInvent.com/ * http://www.hawkeswood.com/
      http://www.Costume-Con.org/ * http://www.sickpups.org/
      http://www.SchoolWithoutWalls.org/

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • rookwoods
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Betsy Delaney <bdelaney@h...> wrote:

        > Those of you who have gone or will go to the LOTR exhibit, please enjoy
        > it for us.

        Can you come up with an excuse to go to Houston next summer? or
        Indiana next fall? the exhibit is coming back to the US after Sydney.

        -Judy Mitchell
      • Betsy Delaney
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
          We are still planning to go to Utah for CC23, and we've got tentative
          plans to go to Disney World with friends who make a pilgrimage every
          five years in October. If we do both, I think the answer might be no,
          but Indiana is possibly doable. Where do I get more info?

          Thanks!

          Betsy

          rookwoods wrote:

          > --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Betsy Delaney <bdelaney@h...> wrote:
          >

          >>Those of you who have gone or will go to the LOTR exhibit, please enjoy
          >>it for us.
          >

          > Can you come up with an excuse to go to Houston next summer? or
          > Indiana next fall? the exhibit is coming back to the US after Sydney.
          >
          > -Judy Mitchell

          Betsy R. Delaney
          Web Mistress at large

          http://www.WebInvent.com/ * http://www.hawkeswood.com/
          http://www.Costume-Con.org/ * http://www.sickpups.org/
          http://www.SchoolWithoutWalls.org/
        • Steve Swope
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
            Betsy Delaney wrote:

            > We are still planning to go to Utah for CC23, and we've got tentative
            > plans to go to Disney World with friends who make a pilgrimage every
            > five years in October. If we do both, I think the answer might be no,
            > but Indiana is possibly doable. Where do I get more info?

            Exactly which October are you going to Disney World?
            Cathy and I are planning to go there next October ('05)
            for our anniversary. It'd be a hoot if we could connect!

            --

            Steve Swope (aka phierma@...)
          • rookwoods
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
              --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Betsy Delaney <bdelaney@h...> wrote:

              > but Indiana is possibly doable. Where do I get more info?

              Where else?! the main source of LotR costuming info ;-) go to
              <http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Exhibit/General.htm> and we'll
              keep all the tour info current.

              Right now, Indiana doesnt' really have any info to put out yet,
              other than confirmation that they will be hosting it.

              -Judy
            • Betsy Delaney
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
                Next year (2005). Our friends have gone every five years since we've
                known them, and we're likely to be included this time since their son
                and Erin are roughly the same age.

                I think they go the week before Halloween, but I'm not sure. We'll
                probably be staying at Shades of Green, through Dan's military access.
                I'll try to shoot you an email and let you know when we've got dates
                scheduled. We tried to make reservations a few weeks ago, and it was
                still too early.

                It would definitely be a Cool Thing!

                Cheers,

                Betsy