Re: [ICG-D] Re: Natural Disasters

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      On Thursday, September 30, 2004, at 04:18 PM, henryosier@... wrote:

      > In regard to natural disasters, I'd like to mention that Milwaukee is
      > not
      > known for earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, forest fires, tsunamis,
      > or glaciers.

      Just snow. ;-)

      > who is still thinking about bidding on a Costume Con in Milwaukee

      Bill and I would be so there, since his folks are there.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2004
        Snow?

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2004
          In a message dated 10/6/2004 4:59:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
          ICG-D@yahoogroups.com writes:
          > Subject: Re: Re: Natural Disasters
          >
          > Snow?
          >
          > Byron
          Snow, yes, depending on the time of year. Wisconsin winters have been pretty
          light for a long time now. Almost too long now, he says with a raised eye
          brow. But, like the CC24 crew, I would plan to have a Milwaukee CC in a snow free
          month. Actually, I'd love to have it the same weekend as the Bead & Button
          Show, but they are in early June. I would need special permission for June, I
          would guess.
          Henry

        • Alix
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2004
            Dear Byron:

            > Snow?

            Snow is not a natural disaster. We depend on having snow each winter to
            ensure that the crops will come up in the spring. Years, in which we've had
            very dry winters, have resulted in bad harvests and escalating food costs.
            No, snow is good. Mind you, snow all year isn't good, but then neither is
            nothing but hot, sunny weather and never any rain. Balance is the key.
            Now, ice storms are a natural disaster. No disagreement with you there,
            but snow? No. Not really.

            Peace
            Alixandra
            eddana@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2004
              36+ inches (920 millimeters) of snow on the ground at one time strikes me as a tad excessive. I've experienced that. It puts interesting demands on costumes (to keep this on track).

              eddana@...<mailto:eddana@...>