Congratulations Kevin

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2004
      Hello All:

      In the local paper, the San Jose Mercury-News, a big writeup was done
      on spintronics - the area that Kevin Roche has been working in the last
      several years. While Kevin was not one of the sources quoted, it was
      interesting to read. The article was announcing a working relationship
      between IBM (Kevin's employer) and Stanford University.

      I found it moderately amusing that the article mentioned some of the
      things that Kevin has presented at conventions. It read like a
      currently cutting-edge field that will be around for a long time. :-)
      Again, congratulations, Kevin. I look forward to more of your
      presentations at future conventions when new breakthroughs happen.

    • Kevin Roche
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2004
        Thanks Carole.

        Stuart Parkin, who is one of the three directors of the new SpinAps
        Center (a collaboration with Stanford University), is my immediate
        manager. We have been working together for almost 21 years.

        The official (corporate!) SpinAps logo is my work, btw.

        Kevin

        www.almaden.ibm.com/spinaps

        Carole Parker wrote:
        > Hello All:
        >
        > In the local paper, the San Jose Mercury-News, a big writeup was done
        > on spintronics - the area that Kevin Roche has been working in the last
        > several years. While Kevin was not one of the sources quoted, it was
        > interesting to read. The article was announcing a working relationship
        > between IBM (Kevin's employer) and Stanford University.
        >
        > I found it moderately amusing that the article mentioned some of the
        > things that Kevin has presented at conventions. It read like a
        > currently cutting-edge field that will be around for a long time. :-)
        > Again, congratulations, Kevin. I look forward to more of your
        > presentations at future conventions when new breakthroughs happen.
        >
        > Until later--
        >
        > Carole

      • C. D. Mami
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2004
          Well Done Kevin
          Carl

          Carole Parker wrote:
          > Hello All:
          >
          > In the local paper, the San Jose Mercury-News, a big writeup was done
          > on spintronics - the area that Kevin Roche has been working in the last
          > several years. While Kevin was not one of the sources quoted, it was
          > interesting to read. The article was announcing a working relationship
          > between IBM (Kevin's employer) and Stanford University.
          >
          > I found it moderately amusing that the article mentioned some of the
          > things that Kevin has presented at conventions. It read like a
          > currently cutting-edge field that will be around for a long time. :-)
          > Again, congratulations, Kevin. I look forward to more of your
          > presentations at future conventions when new breakthroughs happen.
          >
          > Until later--
          >
          > Carole

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2004
            On Saturday, May 1, 2004, at 08:21 AM, Kevin Roche wrote:

            > The official (corporate!) SpinAps logo is my work, btw.

            Nice logo, Kevin. Then again, seeing how you design things so well, I
            guess I shouldn't be too surprised. ;-)