Re: Tech vs. Costumers -- not in St. Louis!

  • Bruce & Nora Mai
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      I was going to jump on here, thinking Sheila couldn't, presently, but I
      guess not.

      First of all, Sheila, please don't leave the list. Unless I overlooked
      something, you haven't offended anyone by your comments, that I can see.
      Remember the (lack) of inflection and facial expression when dealing with
      text.

      I'm assuming that Susan is drawing her inspiration from Archon. As far as I
      know, we've always had a good working relationship here with the crew, with
      respect shown from both sides of the aisle. Archon has very graciously
      been footing the bill for a party after the Masq for the last (3-4?) years.
      The crew has to wrap up after the show, so they wouldn't ordinarily get to
      even see the videotape afterwards. So this gives them the opportunity.
      Some of our people serve the refreshments, and last year, we paid for pizza
      for some of their folks on Saturday because we knew they wouldn't get to
      have a proper dinner in the hours before the Masq. It was the least we
      could do.

      In the three years previous to these parties, the Guild was promoting CC16,
      and Sheila and the folks were always invited. And they very nicely brought
      the video by so everyone could see themselves.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
        St. Louis is lucky in that there is no divisiveness between the tech and the
        performers. Most of the St. Louis tech people are on hiatus for awhile from
        being onstage, and some of us currently on-stage fill in backstage from
        time-to-time. There is no "us vs. them" that I'm conscious of....

        And I'll add my voice to Bruce & Nora's: please stay on the list, Sheila.
        Your comments were good and logically presented. There's room for everyone
        here.

        Ramona