Re: [ICG-D] Oscar Fashions

  • Stephanie Carrigg
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 2 6:14 PM
      > I'll disagree with you there. His hair was a mess in my eyes.
      To me his hair looked very modern and different. I interpreted it at it
      purposely being that way.
      I thought it was very hip.

      > Yes, but are the tattoos part of your character? I found Ms. Jolie's
      > tattoo distracting from the very elegant look that she otherwise had. I
      > like tattoos well enough.

      No my tattoos are a part of ME, they have nothing to do with the
      costumes I wear or the clothing I wear.
      I would think that was why she chose not to cover them.

      Ok, how about the guys from LOTR, (Elijah, Sean, Dominic, and Billy)
      They LOOKED too cute for words and seemed to have a great time.

      Stephanie

      On Mar 2, 2004, at 6:33 PM, Carole Parker wrote:

      > On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, at 03:21 PM, Stephanie Carrigg wrote:
      >
      >> I thought that Liv Tyler looked AMAZING. Her gown was classic and
      >> elegant. Hair was just beautiful
      >
      > I'll agree with you on Liv Tyler.
      >
      >> Johnny Depp, well do I really need to say anything. He looked sooooo
      >> good., Loved the hair.
      >
      > I'll disagree with you there. His hair was a mess in my eyes.
      >
      >> Angelina Jolie looked great in a gorgeous gown, so what if her
      >> tattoos
      >> showed, her tattoos are part of who she is as a person and it would
      >> not
      >> be right to cover them up. I have tattoos and don't cover them if they
      >> show when I'm wearing a costume. It's part of who I am. Just my
      >> thoughts on the subject.
      >
      > Yes, but are the tattoos part of your character? I found Ms. Jolie's
      > tattoo distracting from the very elegant look that she otherwise had. I
      > like tattoos well enough.
      >
      > Until later--
      >
      > Carole

      > ---------------------~-->
      > Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/xX1wlB/TM

    • Stephanie Carrigg
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 2 6:16 PM
        > And Uma Thurman What the F**** she looked ready to be the person
        > herding
        > Bjorks swan dress from a few years ago.

        No that's just wrong.

        OMG, when you look like Uma, and have legs that are so damn long WHY oh
        WHY dear Christian LaCroix did you make her look so damn stooopid.

        UMA should sue for damages.
        Steph

        On Mar 2, 2004, at 7:18 PM, Ricky & Karen Dick wrote:

        > Steph you wrote:
        >
        >> I thought that Liv Tyler looked AMAZING. Her gown was classic and
        >> elegant. Hair was just beautiful and I loved her putting on her very
        >> chic glasses to read during her presentation.
        >

        > She was the BEST,
        >
        > And Uma Thurman What the F**** she looked ready to be the person
        > herding
        > Bjorks swan dress from a few years ago.
        >

        >> What I love is the look of dread that you see on the stars faces as
        >> they realize that they have to talk to Joan Rivers. It's great.
        >> If you watched the red carpet show before the Oscars it was too funny
        >> to watch.
        >

        > I liked it when she was interviewing Charlize, and had NO idea who here
        > boyfriend was.
        > I don't care for Stuart Townsend at all ( as a person that is, As an
        > actor
        > he's okay)
        > And then double my pleasure as he sat with her in the front row, while
        > A- she won, and especially, while
        > B- LOTR got their 11 awards, as he was the Aragorn that Vigo replaced.
        >
        > BEAUTIFUL LOL!
        >

        > Ricky
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Andrew T Trembley
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 2 7:42 PM
          On Mar 2, 2004, at 6:14 PM, Stephanie Carrigg wrote:

          >> I'll disagree with you there. His hair was a mess in my eyes.
          > To me his hair looked very modern and different. I interpreted it at it
          > purposely being that way.
          > I thought it was very hip.

          It's the hairstyle he had for his latest movie, "The Secret Window." A
          lot like what he wore for "The Ninth Gate." Personally I thought it
          just looked sloppy.

          > Ok, how about the guys from LOTR, (Elijah, Sean, Dominic, and Billy)
          > They LOOKED too cute for words and seemed to have a great time.

          The whole group looked like they were having fun.

          BTW, I've seen Sir Ian's fellowship tattoo...

          --
          andy trembley, Bitchy Design Queen
          http://www.bovil.com/
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 3 5:25 AM
            > I'll disagree with you there. His hair was a mess in my eyes.

            >>To me his hair looked very modern and different. I interpreted it at
            it

            >>purposely being that way.

            >>I thought it was very hip.

            It looks like he had to cut his hair for a current part. In an Inside
            the Actor's Studio interview of him they played last week he more or
            less said that he feels more comfortable hiding his face behind his
            hair. I guess with the shorter hair this was the best he could do!

            I hope they can do a great job with the two "Pirate" movies that are
            rumored. If it wasn't for LOTR this year I would have been routing for
            Pirates of the Carribean to take some key awards in special effects,
            costuming, music, and even acting (Johnny Debb and Jeffrey Rush for
            starters).

            I almost wish Triplets of Bellville had won the animation Oscar since it
            would have given more people a chance to see this wonderfully demented
            film.

            Susan

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 3 9:21 AM
              On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 05:25 AM, Toker, Sue (US SSA) wrote:

              > I almost wish Triplets of Bellville had won the animation Oscar since
              > it
              > would have given more people a chance to see this wonderfully demented
              > film.

              Another friend of mine has described it to us, and it sounds like a
              definite go see. For those that don't know, this is a French animation
              film that has almost *no* verbal/voice component. It's a near universal
              animation movie in that language is not a barrier to understanding it.

            • Lay, Toni
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 3 10:03 AM
                If you're gonna talk about hair, let's talk about Peter Jackson's hair.
                When is he gonna learn to comb and brush it? You'd think Fran Walsh
                wouldn't have let him leave the hotel looking like that.

                The hobbits are too cute for words. You just want to hug them all, pat them
                on the head, give them cookies and a glass of milk, slip them into their
                jammies, and tuck them into bed.........then climb in.

                On Mar 2, 2004, at 6:14 PM, Stephanie Carrigg wrote:

                >> I'll disagree with you there. His hair was a mess in my eyes.
                > To me his hair looked very modern and different. I interpreted it at it
                > purposely being that way.
                > I thought it was very hip.

                It's the hairstyle he had for his latest movie, "The Secret Window." A
                lot like what he wore for "The Ninth Gate." Personally I thought it
                just looked sloppy.

                > Ok, how about the guys from LOTR, (Elijah, Sean, Dominic, and Billy)
                > They LOOKED too cute for words and seemed to have a great time.

                The whole group looked like they were having fun.

                BTW, I've seen Sir Ian's fellowship tattoo...

                --
                andy trembley, Bitchy Design Queen
                http://www.bovil.com/
                "It's not pink; it's peach-colored. Pink is tacky." --Manfred Pfirsich
                Marie Rommel

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Ricky & Karen Dick
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 3 10:50 AM
                  We liked all the ladies' dresses EXCEPT for that atrocity that Uma Thurman
                  was wearing. Geez! She's a beautiful woman with a great figure, and that
                  dress did NOTHING for her. As a designer, I can't help thinking that the
                  same thing might have looked better if it had been out of "drapier" fabric
                  with the same translucency (for a gauzy, ethereal look instead of such a
                  stiff and poufy one). Fabric choices make all the difference sometimes,
                  don't they?

                  --Karen
                • Andrew T Trembley
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 3 12:10 PM
                    On Mar 3, 2004, at 10:03 AM, Lay, Toni wrote:
                    > If you're gonna talk about hair, let's talk about Peter Jackson's hair.
                    > When is he gonna learn to comb and brush it? You'd think Fran Walsh
                    > wouldn't have let him leave the hotel looking like that.

                    Oh, Ms. Walsh's hair was kind of frightening too...

                    --
                    andy trembley, Bitchy Design Queen
                    http://www.irlm.org/ - mailto:webmaster@...
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 3 1:48 PM

                      > For those that don't know, this is a French animation
                      >film that has almost *no* verbal/voice component. It's a near universal
                      >animation movie in that language is not a barrier to understanding it.

                      Just like the Paris Hilton Video. Great!

                      Ricky
                    • Stephanie Carrigg
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 3 3:08 PM
                        On Mar 3, 2004, at 1:50 PM, Ricky & Karen Dick wrote:

                        > We liked all the ladies' dresses EXCEPT for that atrocity that Uma
                        > Thurman
                        > was wearing. Geez! She's a beautiful woman with a great figure, and
                        > that
                        > dress did NOTHING for her. As a designer, I can't help thinking that
                        > the
                        > same thing might have looked better if it had been out of "drapier"
                        > fabric
                        > with the same translucency (for a gauzy, ethereal look instead of such
                        > stiff and poufy one). Fabric choices make all the difference sometimes,
                        > don't they?
                        >
                        > --Karen

                        You have to wonder how, this dress came into existence. Was there a
                        sketch that Uma was shown and she acquiesced to the design from that,
                        or did LaCroix just describe this dress to her and said, "Just trust
                        me, it will be beautiful.." and he's LaCroix, who wouldn't trust him.

                        One has to wonder if she liked it or had any idea that it was just not
                        attractive. Heck maybe she realized it sucked and had nothing else to
                        wear, or told LaCroix that she would wear this dress. Heck we've all
                        done things for friends that we regretted later. Or who KNOWS maybe she
                        liked it.

                        Stephanie
                      • Trudy Leonard
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 3 9:02 PM
                          My best guess is that something happened to the original dress, she looked
                          around the hotel room and thought to herself "if it worked for Scarlett, it
                          can work for me" and grabbed the curtains off the window. Unfortunately,
                          fiberglass sheers just don't hang like green velvet.

                          Trudy

                          >From: Stephanie Carrigg <bada.boom@...>
                          >To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [ICG-D] Oscar Fashions
                          >Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:08:07 -0500
                          >

                          >On Mar 3, 2004, at 1:50 PM, Ricky & Karen Dick wrote:
                          >
                          > > We liked all the ladies' dresses EXCEPT for that atrocity that Uma
                          > > Thurman
                          > > was wearing. Geez! She's a beautiful woman with a great figure, and
                          > > that
                          > > dress did NOTHING for her. As a designer, I can't help thinking that
                          > > the
                          > > same thing might have looked better if it had been out of "drapier"
                          > > fabric
                          > > with the same translucency (for a gauzy, ethereal look instead of such
                          > > stiff and poufy one). Fabric choices make all the difference sometimes,
                          > > don't they?
                          > >
                          > > --Karen
                          >
                          >You have to wonder how, this dress came into existence. Was there a
                          >sketch that Uma was shown and she acquiesced to the design from that,
                          >or did LaCroix just describe this dress to her and said, "Just trust
                          >me, it will be beautiful.." and he's LaCroix, who wouldn't trust him.
                          >
                          >One has to wonder if she liked it or had any idea that it was just not
                          >attractive. Heck maybe she realized it sucked and had nothing else to
                          >wear, or told LaCroix that she would wear this dress. Heck we've all
                          >done things for friends that we regretted later. Or who KNOWS maybe she
                          >liked it.
                          >
                          >Stephanie

                          Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as
                          $29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/
                        • Susan Eisenhour
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 5 8:06 PM
                            I mostly agree about the fashions, esp. the hair. Hey, guys! This is
                            a very special occasion! Don't look like you usually do!

                            I was rather disappointed, though. There wasn't anything really
                            outrageous. Remember the dead swan? or Cher's outfits (many years)
                            or even Barbra's pantsuit? One year I remember a costumer wearing a
                            frock made from credit cards.
                            I miss the weirdness--the tackier, the more fun.
                            Susan E.

                            --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "McClure, Kate" <kate.mcclure@d...>
                            wrote:
                            After looking at the website, the whines are:
                          • Susan Eisenhour
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 5 8:09 PM
                              Oh, and Susan Sarrandon! That woman has no idea of getting the
                              right fit on anything! and her neck and chest are not that
                              attractive. Higher neckline would be better. but she does pick nice
                              colors.
                              I wonder if she just refuses to bother with enough fittings to get
                              it right? or doesn't wear the right underpinnings?
                              Susan E.
                            • Susan Eisenhour
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 5 8:13 PM
                                --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "Lay, Toni" <toni@s...> wrote:
                                > If you're gonna talk about hair, let's talk about Peter Jackson's
                                hair.
                                > When is he gonna learn to comb and brush it? You'd think Fran
                                Walsh
                                > wouldn't have let him leave the hotel looking like that.

                                yeah, but look what Fran Walsh's hair looked like. She probably
                                thought his was too neat.
                                Susan E.