Lunacon 2004

  • Lay, Toni
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2003
      Congrats to Ricky and Karen being Costuming Guests of Honor at Lunacon in
      March.

      Toni
      <see you there>
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2003
        On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 07:23 AM, Lay, Toni wrote:

        > Congrats to Ricky and Karen being Costuming Guests of Honor at Lunacon
        > in
        > March.

        I would also like to add my congratulations! Well deserved and well
        done.

      • Alix
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          Dear Ricky and Karen:

          > Congrats to Ricky and Karen being Costuming Guests of Honor at Lunacon

          I second this.

          Peace
          Alixandra
          eddana@...
        • Ricky & Karen Dick
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
            Thanks for the kind words, Karen and I are jazzed to go help keep costuming
            at the forefront of any con we can.

            We haven't been that active at cons lately, so we can't complain about the
            shrinking size unless we're ready to try to help out more.

            One great regular fan panel we're doing there is SF Family Feud .
            I've been asked to get a team of 5 costume family members to play
            against writers and artists (I think)

            should be a blast.
            We worked with the same game master at Balticon, when he did SF Squares.
            I was asked to be center square, and 3 other costumers were also on the board.
            They were all quite surprised to see that we costumers actually new all
            areas of fandom.

            and thats what's best about any costume GOH for any of us, the chance to
            inject ( or inflict LOL!) us on more of the regular con crowd to show them
            we belong, and their masq budgets are well spent and not wasted on a fringe
            group.

            Ricky

            At 02:35 PM 12/30/2003 -0800, you wrote:
            >On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 07:23 AM, Lay, Toni wrote:
            >
            > > Congrats to Ricky and Karen being Costuming Guests of Honor at Lunacon
            > > in
            > > March.
            >
            >I would also like to add my congratulations! Well deserved and well
            >done.
            >
            >Until later--
            >
            >Carole
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >To visit your group on the web, go to:

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Scott & JoAnn Abbott
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
              One great regular fan panel we're doing there is SF Family Feud .
              I've been asked to get a team of 5 costume family members to play
              against writers and artists (I think)

              should be a blast.

              I won something called "Wheel of Jeopardy" once at a con, all sci-fi trivia. Got a book witha fake cover that said "How to hotwire cars and get rich easy", it was a vampire storybook inside, not bad to read in fact.

              JoAnn in VA

            • Lady Kareena Sartek
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
                Congrats Karen and Ricky! A great honor and well deserving.
                Pam

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
                  At the Winnipeg Worldcon, I was picked as a contestant in the "Klingon
                  Dating Game." That was such a blast.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
                    At 10:53 AM 1/5/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                    >At the Winnipeg Worldcon, I was picked as a contestant in the "Klingon
                    >Dating Game." That was such a blast.

                    Sounds like Big Fun.

                    They had Klingon Karaoke at one of the Toronto Treks in the mid 90's. That
                    was Big Fun, too!

                    --Karen
                  • Alix
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
                      Dear Karen:

                      > They had Klingon Karaoke at one of the Toronto Treks in the mid 90's.

                      Not did; do. Up till last year Toronto Trek was still running Klingon
                      Karaoke. Last year they also had, "Buffy Sing A Long" and a Buffy heckling
                      party, as well as a Hellmouth Dance (party as if it were the Apocolypse), in
                      addition to the usual dance.
                      This year, I'm not certain what they will be having; it's a smaller
                      hotel. I know the dance is there, but I'm not certain about anything else.

                      Peace
                      Alixandra
                      eddana@...