wish list

  • Alixandra
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2003
      Gentlebeings:

      Okay, we're into the season of giving and we've all got wish lists. So, what's on your wish list. Mine? Well....
      Two lists...the fun stuff and the serious stuff.
      Fun: Pirates of the Caribbean, The Italian Job, Ocean's Eleven, Stitch, any and all of the Rings videoes (in no particular order), the soundtrack for "Once More with Feeling", a Jacqueline Kent pin doll, a Krinkle ornament, "E" beads, seed and rocaille beads, wire, fat quarters, Spike calendar, critters, Stitch Dolls (so I've already got four of them; so what?), candles
      Practical/serious stuff: dust buster so that I can clean up the glitter and saw dust. Palm sander so that I can get rid of all those little bits of doweling that insist on sticking out under the doll stands. Stick on felt for the bottoms of the stands.
      What I'm likely to get: a video that Don wants to watch, and some sheets that Don thinks I need, that I can't stand.
      Linda is making things this year and Allen isn't even hinting, but he's got good taste...if he remembers that Christmas is coming, and doesn't have to borrow from me at the last minute.

      Peace
      Alixandra
      eddana@...
      morigu@...

      P.S. What I want more than anything: The future that my guides and the Tarot keep showing me.

      Alix

    • Lay, Toni
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 28, 2003
        Here're my wish lists:

        Fun: (in no particular order)

        Wolverine, Aragon, Legolas, Gimli, Haldir, Q, Jean-Luc, Dr. Henry Jones,
        Sr., Dylan Hunt, Shamus Harper, Chekotay, Iolas, Faramir, Eomer, Col. Jack
        O'Neill, Master Bra'tac, Michael Garibaldi, and a player to be named later.

        Serious:

        The winning numbers for a winning Lotto jackpot; a 3 bedroom duplex at
        Harmon Cove Towers, furniture and accessories from IKEA, Crate & Barrel, and
        Pier One, a cruise around the Mediterranean, and a player to be named later.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 28, 2003
          Yep!

          Does that mean if you get the duplex Grilka (the computer) will come out of
          its box and play or maybe design a costume or two. (costume connection
          here)

          Dora

          > Wolverine, Aragon, Legolas, Gimli, Haldir, Q, Jean-Luc, Dr. Henry Jones,
          > Sr., Dylan Hunt, Shamus Harper, Chekotay, Iolas, Faramir, Eomer, Col. Jack
          > O'Neill, Master Bra'tac, Michael Garibaldi, and a player to be named
          later.

          > Serious:
          >
          > The winning numbers for a winning Lotto jackpot; a 3 bedroom duplex at
          > Harmon Cove Towers, furniture and accessories from IKEA, Crate & Barrel,
          and
          > Pier One, a cruise around the Mediterranean, and a player to be named
          later.

          > Toni

        • Dora Buck

            > Wolverine, Aragon, Legolas, Gimli, Haldir, Q, Jean-Luc, Dr. Henry Jones,
            > Sr., Dylan Hunt, Shamus Harper, Chekotay, Iolas, Faramir, Eomer, Col. Jack
            > O'Neill, Master Bra'tac, Michael Garibaldi, and a player to be named
            later.

            > Serious:
            >
            > The winning numbers for a winning Lotto jackpot; a 3 bedroom duplex at
            > Harmon Cove Towers, furniture and accessories from IKEA, Crate & Barrel,
            and
            > Pier One, a cruise around the Mediterranean, and a player to be named
            later.

            > Toni

          • Alixandra
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 28, 2003
              Dear Toni:

              If you it's that kind of list that you're talking about let's see:

              Richard III, Sean Bean, Kevin Smith, Kevin Sarbo, Sammo, Richard Hatch,
              Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow, Robert Newton, Sebastian Spence, Leonard Nimoy,
              Roger Cross (Joshua/Cane), Harrison Ford, Jim Byrns, Kyle (Jake 2.0), Adrian
              Paul, Methos, Louis Jourdan, David McCallum, Cyril Richard, Orlando Bloom,
              Viggio Mortenson, Elijah Wood, John Rys-Davis, Harry Belefonte, Raymond St.
              Jacques, Monk, Kurt Russell, James Spader, Keanu Reaves, Doug McClure, James
              Marsters, Anthony Stewart Head, Christian Kane, Christian Bale, Anthony
              Hopkins, Nicholas Cage, Clemmet Moore, Ed Ames, Pat Boone, Fess Parker, Cary
              Grant, Clark Gable, Danny Kaye, Loren (The Host), Jik, Tully, and Goldtooth
              (all from Chanur series), Tommy Lee Jones, Tempest (Atari Force), The
              Phantom (comics), George Clooney, Val Kilmer, Di Niro, Bruce Willis,
              Humphrey Bogart, Martin Landau, Peter Graves, John Doe (can't remember
              actor's name), William Forsythe, Adian Quinn, Bela Lugosi, Peter Cushing,
              Chris Lee, Edward Pratt (aka Boris Karloff), Patrick Stewart, Danny Strong
              (Jonathan), the actor on Buffy playing "Andrew", Dylan McDermot, Adam West,
              Patrick McGoohan, John Astin, Roual Julia, Richard Dryfes, Oliver Tobias,
              Kai, Ludd, Batman, Clark Kent (not Superman), Sherlock Holmes, Jonathan
              Harker, and Dracula from "Dracula the Musical" as done by the Stratford
              Festival, Yul Bryner, Johnny Q (Quandrexamus), Sidney Portier, John Amos,
              Sweet on Buffy, and a cast of a lot more, but my mind has gone blank. The
              list did reach almost two hundred once.
              And yes, I know that a number of these people are dead, and others
              aren't real as in demons, comic characters, and book characters, but since
              this is a dream list, hey, I can dream....
              Oh, and several of these people have been in, or did wear in real life,
              or would make really great costumes this is on topic.

              > Serious:
              >
              > The winning numbers for a winning Lotto jackpot; a 3 bedroom duplex at>
              Harmon Cove Towers, furniture and accessories from IKEA, Crate & Barrel, and
              > Pier One, a cruise around the Mediterranean, and a player to be named
              later.

              My dream house is situated on the shores of Georgian Bay; not far from
              Collingwood, which is at Blue Mountain. The town is called "Town of the
              Blue Mountains", and the house has been for sale for almost a year now. It
              needs work: get rid of the tile and carpets on some of the floors and
              replace with antique wood so that it's all hardwood floors; build a pool out
              back; get rid of the on balcony hot tub, and build a sunken bath in what is
              currently the spa, because I don't need one. Paint the upper level walls
              and pillers brown, and the ceilings (those parts that aren't wood) in a
              dappled green. Green glass in some of the skylights. Get rid of the glass
              balcony and put in something made of heavy duty plastic to look like
              Rivendell, then incase all of it with unbreakable glass so that I've got it
              all year round. I need an elevator to get from one level to the next.
              Haven't gotten beyond that yet.
              Bed comes from Kingsmill's. I've got an antique Duncan Fife table that
              needs repairs and I want chairs made to go with it; with the greenman carved
              in their backs. I want my greenman masks spread out all over the wall, with
              a large one over the upstairs fireplace.
              I'm not certain about the downstairs other than that's where I want my
              sewing room, and I'm thinking of a wall covered with Venitian masks.
              Oh and there aren't enough trees on the lawn; too much grass. I need a
              couple more trees out front and some roses and lily of the valley, and maybe
              heather and lavender. Out back I need a couple of willow trees nearer the
              bay.
              Worldcons in certain cities; CostumeCon most years; Toronto Trek and Ad
              Astra most years. England for at least six weeks to two months at least
              twice a year. Australia now and again. Hawaii for a couple of weeks every
              year.
              My own shop, with someone to run it for me, selling things like dolls
              and patterns and critters and maybe Venetian masks.
              And most of all this guy that I really do dream about (Like since I was
              twelve), and who is promised to me.

              Peace
              Alixandra
              eddana@...
              morigu@...
            • Scott & JoAnn Abbott
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
                Alix, Alix, Alix...how hard is it to print out a copy of this letter and leave it lying about, hmmmm? LOL. Hey, husbands >need< to be told what you want, I think it is a genetic thing. So do dads on occasion, and even telling them doesn't always work out. I asked mine for a pair of leg warmers when I was 16 (1976, they were just coming into fashion as "boot toppers"). I got long underwear for Christmas instead... Came in handy eventually, I had a morning paper route at the time and it was a very cold and freezing winter :o)

                JoAnn in VA

                Who wants kids who don't think that the term "only" goes in front of the number "89 dollars"

              • Alixandra
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
                  Dear JoAnn:

                  > Alix, Alix, Alix...how hard is it to print out a copy of this letter and
                  leave it lying about, hmmmm?

                  Step 1. June Start making lists and giving Don hints since Linda's
                  birthday is in early October. By September, I've printed the lists out
                  twice; given them both to him; dictated a list for him to jot down in his
                  daytimer. By the end of September it's: "Hey, I'll get Linda K-19!" "No"
                  "What about Romancing the Stone?" "No." "Basic" "No". We spent an hour
                  last year going through the video racks with Don "Knowing" exactly what
                  videos Linda would want and my saying "No" and giving titles that she did
                  want. Finally he picks one up and says: "I don't think she'd want Spirits
                  Within" "Don, Final Fantasy was on the top of the list, just below "Ice
                  Age" and "Beauty and the Beast". "oh!"
                  That's why I've started getting him videos that he keeps figuring that
                  Linda would like. He now has both Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the
                  Nile. This year, at least he know that Linda wants "Finding Nemo" and
                  didn't need hinting.
                  With Don it make the list; make sure he keeps the list; make certain
                  that he knows that the things on the list are really, really, really, what
                  you'd like. Take him to stores and show him what you'd like. Have him copy
                  it in the Daytimer, then make certain that he takes the Daytimer shopping
                  with him, and that he doesn't leave the Daytimer in the car.
                  Oh, and Linda's list contains things like a new tool box, several
                  videos, paint brushes, perfume, candles...He's been looking at very heavy,
                  ugly dishes that Linda would hate, because he figures that since a saucer
                  broke, he needs to replace the entire set, with dishes that Linda would not
                  want, and has no room for.

                  Peace
                  Alixandra
                  eddana@...
                  morigu@...
                • Dawn McKechnie
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
                    I'm lucky, my Dad does his entire christmas shopping at Canadian Tire.
                    Always has. I'm sure to always get tools and/or outdoor sporting gear for
                    christmas. As a kid I once baffled him by asking for a sweatshirt
                    specifically red. He drove to every Canadian Tire in Southern Ontario
                    looking for one. (They only sold black and navy.) Rather than go in another
                    store he bought me navy, with a christmas card EXPLAINING his plight!
                    *chuckles*. It's always great to get tools I can use for christmas,
                    unfortunately, living in a condo, I'm having trouble finding room for the
                    table saw.....

                    ]

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
                      Ok, your hubby wins the "man without a clue" contest, lol

                      JoAnn

                    • Alixandra
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
                        Dear JoAnn:

                        > Ok, your hubby wins the "man without a clue" contest,

                        Nope! Don is married to Linda. The closest male right now, for me, is
                        "Stitch". (I now have four different ones.)

                        Peace
                        Alixandra
                        eddana@...
                        morigu@...
                      • Alixandra
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 30, 2003
                          Dear Dawn:

                          It's always great to get tools I can use for christmas,
                          > unfortunately, living in a condo, I'm having trouble finding room for the
                          > table saw.....

                          You could give it to Allen. He's as tool nuts as his mother is. He's
                          currently up to his last project at school, and that's an elective. He and
                          two of the instructors are making his wings for Toronto Trek 18 or 19. He
                          and Linda look at tools and salivate.
                          For me, I'm not in a position to want large tools. I've got a cordless
                          drill, and a good, small sized hammer, and a screwdriver with changeable
                          heads. I've also got a backsaw and a mitre box; had fun with that one. I
                          wanted wood because that's what I'm comfortable with, and Don kept insisting
                          that I should get plastic. Fortunately, Linda was the one picking up the
                          mitre box, so I got wood. I've also got a very nice bastard file, that I'm
                          very proud of, and that Don can't understand, because I could just borrow
                          his files...right! It's like the large drill bit that I need for doll
                          stands; just ever so slightly smaller than a half inch; either a 3/8" or a
                          7/16". He keeps telling me that I can simply borrow his. Right! If he's
                          home and if he has time and if he can remember where it is. I want my own.
                          I also want a new set of drill bits, in a box where they drop in; not a push
                          in box like the one that I got with my drill. I've snapped two of the very
                          fine drill bits so far, trying to get them back in place.
                          Right now, I need a sander because every time I make a doll stand the
                          doweling sticks out a little, and the stand has to be perfectly smooth in
                          order to apply felt. I also need a hand held vacuum cleaner so that I can
                          vacuum up the sawdust and glitter.
                          Don either thinks that I need larger than I want or need, or smaller, or
                          that I don't need at all. sigh.
                          Now, since you live in Canada, have you every been to Lee Valley? Now,
                          that's a tool store; makes Canadian Tire look look pathetic. If they ever
                          have a house, Linda and Allen want one of everything...each. Don is more
                          selective.

                          Peace
                          Alixandra
                          eddana@...