Re: [ICG-D] Molded foam rubber instructions?

  • Lisa A Ashton
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2003
      Dear JoAnn--

      I've been working with carved foam for over 5 years, and I've never seen
      a book just about that. I've never really searched the Internet for
      information, though. I have given a workshop on foam carving and
      airbrush painting it at a CC some time ago (CC15 in Baltimore?) and one
      or two other CC's, along with my costume collaborator, who is a
      stupendous sculptor of the stuff. Do you want me to try to find any
      handout that we had?

      Yours in costuming, Lisa A.

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Scott & JoAnn Abbott
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
        Sure! Any help would be great. I am starting to think that I will have to go with a carved item rather than a sculpted/molded/poured latex one just because of the amount of materieals I would need to complete it.

        thanks
        JoAnn in Va
        I've been working with carved foam for over 5 years, and I've never seen
        a book just about that. I've never really searched the Internet for
        information, though. I have given a workshop on foam carving and
        airbrush painting it at a CC some time ago (CC15 in Baltimore?) and one
        or two other CC's, along with my costume collaborator, who is a
        stupendous sculptor of the stuff. Do you want me to try to find any
        handout that we had?

        Yours in costuming, Lisa A.

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
          Hello Lisa:

          On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 04:33 AM, Lisa A Ashton wrote:

          > Dear JoAnn--
          >
          > I've been working with carved foam for over 5 years, and I've never
          > seen
          > a book just about that. I've never really searched the Internet for
          > information, though. I have given a workshop on foam carving and
          > airbrush painting it at a CC some time ago (CC15 in Baltimore?) and one
          > or two other CC's, along with my costume collaborator, who is a
          > stupendous sculptor of the stuff. Do you want me to try to find any
          > handout that we had?

          How about creating a PDF (like Kevin did), or putting it on a website,
          so the rest of us can see it? If you need help with putting it into
          HTML, I can help on that. So can a few others, I suspect, but I'm
          willing to volunteer for the job.

        • Lisa A Ashton
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2003
            Dear Carole--

            Let me find the paperwork in my teaching file, then I'll send it to you,
            and you can organize it for a site. I just don't have the knowledge to
            do it, plus we're still cleaning up the yard from Isabel (not to mention
            work and other distractions). I'll look for it this morning before I go
            to work. Send me your address (I may have had it but I lost it) and I'll
            send you copies of stuff including photos of foam carving in progress.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2003
              Dear Carole--

              Sorry this is on the list, but I don't have a separate email address for
              you. I have all the stuff, and can send you a packet, just let me know
              the address. I'll even make color copies of the photos, and you have my
              permission to post them on your website, or to create a new site for
              them, as long as I am credited properly (I know you did a great job the
              last time I sent you stuff to post on the costumingtips webiste).