Re: [ICG-D] the Kennedy Compendium

  • Betsy Delaney
    Message 1 of 13 , May 15, 2001
      Thank you for finally giving me a reason ro register for EBay.

      Carl & Elaine: As soon as we've moved and unpacked, and I have a copy in
      my hands (assuming I will), I'll send the copy you loaned me back.

      Cheers,

      Betsy

      Brenna Sharp wrote:

      > For those who are interested in obtaining a copy, the Kennedy
      > Compendium is currently available on eBay, item 1430660404.
      >
      > The following link _should_ take you there directly.
      >
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?
      > MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1430660404

      Betsy R. Delaney
      Web Mistress at large
      WebInvent.com, Inc.

      mailto:WebInvent@... or visit http://www.WebInvent.com/
      mailto:Costume-Con@... or visit http://www.Costume-Con.org/
      mailto:betsy@... or visit http://www.hawkeswood.com/
    • Mark A. & Brenna Sharp
      Message 2 of 13 , May 15, 2001
        Oops....  I may have stepped on some toes with that announcement.  I haven't had a chance to read the list in some time and hadn't realised that there were other sales notices recently.  I was trying to be humorous in case anyone took anything amiss.  (Sigh ... the hazards of written communications....)

        I don't know why Outlook Express didn't highlight the _whole_ url on my outbound message.  Your best bet to find it may be to go to www.ebay.com and enter the item number (1430660404) in the little search window and tell it to go find it.  (I know that works because I just tested it.)

        Anyhow, we're just trying to get copies out where people can use it.  Hope y'all will try again.
      • Tony & Suford Lewis
        Message 3 of 13 , May 16, 2001
          The difficulty people are having viewing this item could be that the URL is
          long that it gets broken into two lines. Then only the first part gets
          called when you just click on it. You have to put both parts together for
          the complete URL and go to that. I did that and the graphic of the cover -
          which I recognized so I know it came out okay - displayed fine. I had
          problems when I just clicked on it the first time, too.

          This is offered for sale by the Portland "Chapter" - whatever their status
          is now... They are calling themselves a chapter of the ICG so I'm confused,
          I thought they had seceded.

          Happy Costuming...

          - Suford
        • randwhit@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , May 16, 2001
            Dumb but basic question:

            What is the Kennedy Compendium?

            Presidential memorabilia? Some of Peggy's work?

            Randall
            SWCG
          • Stephanie Carrigg
            Message 5 of 13 , May 16, 2001
              And their selling 25 copies...
              Bid is $10.00.

              Steph
              > The difficulty people are having viewing this item could be that the URL
              is
              > long that it gets broken into two lines. Then only the first part gets
              > called when you just click on it. You have to put both parts together for
              > the complete URL and go to that. I did that and the graphic of the
              cover -
              > which I recognized so I know it came out okay - displayed fine. I had
              > problems when I just clicked on it the first time, too.
              >
              > This is offered for sale by the Portland "Chapter" - whatever their status
              > is now... They are calling themselves a chapter of the ICG so I'm
              confused,
              > I thought they had seceded.
              >
              > Happy Costuming...
              >
              > - Suford

            • Mark A. & Brenna Sharp
              Message 6 of 13 , May 16, 2001
                Bruno (and any others who are wondering) -

                The Kennedy Masquerade Compendium is a fabulous guidebook for running
                costume competitions of any sort _successfully_. It covers everything from
                the base organisation to working with the tech crew and keeping the judges
                happy.

                ++++++++

                > This is offered for sale by the Portland "Chapter" - whatever their status
                > is now... They are calling themselves a chapter of the ICG so I'm
                confused,
                > I thought they had seceded.

                Yes, we did secede. No, we do not bill ourselves as a chapter of
                _anything_, ICG or any other entity. Please tell me where you have seen
                this and when and I'll try to fix it. (It may be a search engine
                description from "way back".)

                My apologies for any confusions,
                Brenna Sharp
                Greater Portland Area Costumers' Guild
              • C. D. Mami
                Message 7 of 13 , May 16, 2001
                  Peegy wrote the first how to for running a masquerade many years ago it
                  never made the times best seller list but for years was the book to read if
                  you were running a masquerade Peggy gave 10 copies to the archives several
                  years ago if I remember I will bring one along to look at
                  Carl

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 17, 2001
                    The Kennedy Compendium is the first book on how to run
                    masquerades; it preceeded CGW's Masquerade handook by a
                    couple of years. It's a compendium because it consists of articles
                    by the costumers who were best known in the respective areas --
                    judging, backstage, and so forth -- at the time. Anyone seriously
                    interested in how to run masquerades well ought to have a copy,
                    as well as a copy of the CGW Handbook.

                    Ps. Tina and I still have a few copies available should e-bay sell
                    out.

                    Byron

                    >>> randwhit@... 05/16/01 08:23PM >>>

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 18, 2001
                      I should correct a mis-statement I made in my previous posting about this.
                      The Portland group is NOT calling themselves a Chapter of the ICG this is
                      just the mistaken impression I had from their new name - for my own
                      idiosyncratic reasons.

                      Their name is currently: The Greater Portland Area Costumers' Guild of
                      Portland, Oregon.

                      They're selling 25 copies of the Kennedy compendium. So far there are only
                      three bidders at $10.00 (as of yesterday) so there are plenty of copies.

                      Onward and Upward!

                      - Suford

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 18, 2001
                        We might want to seriously consider negotiating with Pat and Peggy's
                        executors for permission to re-issue the compendium in the near future. I
                        realize money is short at the moment, but hopefully that won't last
                        long. This resource needs to be available.

                        Pierre

                        "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                        Are Doomed To Repeat It;
                        Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly--
                        Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                        -- C.Y. 4971

                        Andromeda
                      • Mark A. & Brenna Sharp