Indy Films on DVD

  • Lay, Toni
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2003
      Indiana Jones Finally Comes to DVD
      Tue May 6,12:34 AM ET

      By Brett Sporich

      LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The "Indiana Jones" trilogy, one
      of the most requested film series for the DVD format, is finally
      slated for worldwide release Nov. 4 as "The Adventures of Indiana
      Jones -- The Complete DVD Movie Collection," a box set that will
      include a fourth disc specifically dedicated to bonus materials.

      Since DVDs first hit store shelves in April 1997, the Indiana Jones
      films, from Steven Spielberg (news) and George Lucas (news), have
      consistently ranked among the top 10 most-requested titles among DVD
      consumers.

      Elements slated for the special fourth disc include a documentary
      crafted by Laurent Bouzereau, who has gone behind the scenes on Lucas
      projects like "American Graffiti" and such Spielberg projects as
      "Jaws" and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

      "The fourth disc explores every facet of how the films were made --
      from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound," said Jim Ward,
      vp of marketing at Lucasfilm. "We take viewers around the world to
      explore the history behind the 'Indiana Jones' legends."

      Ward said that there will be no director's commentary tracks on the
      three discs containing the films: "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "Indiana
      Jones and the Temple of Doom" and "Indiana Jones and the Last
      Crusade."

      "We felt that because of bandwidth issues and, more importantly, the
      amount of information provided on the fourth disc, it would be
      redundant to include a director's commentary track on the title
      discs," Ward said.

      Available in both wide-screen and full-screen versions via Paramount
      Home Entertainment, the collection has no suggested retail price but
      is expected to be available for about $49.95 in the United States.

      Each of the films were color timed at Paramount Studios and then were
      sent on for further digital restoration at Lowry Digital Images --
      whose work has included such classics as the Walt Disney Co.'s "Snow
      White and the Seven Dwarfs" and Paramount's remastered "Sunset
      Boulevard."

      While Paramount executives wouldn't comment on specifics of the
      marketing campaign, suffice it to say that this will be the largest
      marketing campaign that the home video division has ever undertaken,
      second only to "The Godfather" box set release, one Paramount
      executive said.

      Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

    • C. D. Mami
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2003
        want to buy a DVD little girl
        > LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The "Indiana Jones" trilogy, one
        > of the most requested film series for the DVD format, is finally
        > slated for worldwide release Nov. 4 as "The Adventures of Indiana
        > Jones -- The Complete DVD Movie Collection," a box set that will
        > include a fourth disc specifically dedicated to bonus materials.
        >
        > Since DVDs first hit store shelves in April 1997, the Indiana Jones
        > films, from Steven Spielberg (news) and George Lucas (news), have
        > consistently ranked among the top 10 most-requested titles among DVD
        > consumers.
        >
        > Elements slated for the special fourth disc include a documentary
        > crafted by Laurent Bouzereau, who has gone behind the scenes on Lucas
        > projects like "American Graffiti" and such Spielberg projects as
        > "Jaws" and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."
        >
        > "The fourth disc explores every facet of how the films were made --
        > from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound," said Jim Ward,
        > vp of marketing at Lucasfilm. "We take viewers around the world to
        > explore the history behind the 'Indiana Jones' legends."
        >
        > Ward said that there will be no director's commentary tracks on the
        > three discs containing the films: "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "Indiana
        > Jones and the Temple of Doom" and "Indiana Jones and the Last
        > Crusade."
        >
        > "We felt that because of bandwidth issues and, more importantly, the
        > amount of information provided on the fourth disc, it would be
        > redundant to include a director's commentary track on the title
        > discs," Ward said.
        >
        > Available in both wide-screen and full-screen versions via Paramount
        > Home Entertainment, the collection has no suggested retail price but
        > is expected to be available for about $49.95 in the United States.
        >
        > Each of the films were color timed at Paramount Studios and then were
        > sent on for further digital restoration at Lowry Digital Images --
        > whose work has included such classics as the Walt Disney Co.'s "Snow
        > White and the Seven Dwarfs" and Paramount's remastered "Sunset
        > Boulevard."
        >
        > While Paramount executives wouldn't comment on specifics of the
        > marketing campaign, suffice it to say that this will be the largest
        > marketing campaign that the home video division has ever undertaken,
        > second only to "The Godfather" box set release, one Paramount
        > executive said.
        >
        > Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
        > --
        >
        > Toni

      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2003
          I'm drooling already! Indiana Here I Come! Before I lusted for Harrison,
          I lusted for Sean, Nuff said. But boy did I whine at Frank Marshall when
          he was working the publicity on Indy 3. It really wasn't fair to my
          "weak" heart. :-)

          Mythically yours,
          Lisa