Taped Interviews

  • Julie Zetterberg Sardo
    Message 1 of 29 , May 1, 2003
      This reminds me: at ConStellation in 1983 (my first Worldcon), after
      the masquerade some of the contestants were interviewed on a tape
      that was supposedly going to be added to the end of the official
      tape. I was one of the "interviewees" and I think Marty asked the
      questions (I didn't know [i]anybody[/i] then so I don't really
      remember).

      When I got the official tape, all that was left of these interviews
      was a little blip of each person at the end where the winners credits
      are announced. Anyone know what happened - or who ended up with that
      footage? It would be an interesting addition to the archives, too.
    • Betsy Delaney
      Message 2 of 29 , May 1, 2003
        Hmm...

        This would be an interesting piece of history to see again. Maybe CC22
        could give some airtime to it? As I'm thinking about it, I can recall
        discussion in CostumApa about the tape, but no details at all.

        FYI: Name corrections below:

        "C. D. Mami" wrote:

        > Myla Dick (I think)
        > Kathy Mayer
        > Dianne Dawe
        > Victoria Ridenour
        > Adrienne Martine Barnes

        Cheers,

        Betsy

        --
        Betsy R. Delaney
        Web Mistress at large

        http://www.WebInvent.com/ * http://www.hawkeswood.com/
        http://www.Costume-Con.org/ * http://www.sickpups.org/
        http://www.SchoolWithoutWalls.org/
      • Elaine Mami
        Message 3 of 29 , May 1, 2003
          Yes. She was in her Egyptian costume, and came out of a sarcophagus.

          Elaine

          > Wasn't Denice on that interview tape also?
          >
          > Toni
        • Lisa A Ashton
          Message 4 of 29 , May 3, 2003
            1987 was immediately before I started being interested in/participating
            in SFF costuming. The MAsq. at Noreaseascon in 1989 blew me away and I
            started thinking of ways to get into this world.

            I have heard about the interview tape from people's mentions of it, but
            have never seen/heard it. Sounds great, though.

            Hoping to see at least some of you at Balticon. And we have LOTS of
            great beads to sell!

            Yours in costuming, Lisa A.

            Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
          • Vicki Glover
            Message 5 of 29 , May 4, 2003
              Um, me, I don't know about it.
              Message 6 of 29 , May 6, 2003
                At 01:38 PM 5/1/2003, you wrote:
                >The real question: Is this item in the Archives? I know it isn't in
                >mine...(or at least, I don't think it is!).

                Its in mine.

                Pierre

                >-b
                >
                >Ricky & Karen Dick wrote:
                > >
                > > And since we've talked about it here, is there anyone on the list that
                > > doesn't know what the interview tape from 1987 is?
                > > or that it even exists?
                > >
                > > what a cool/sad/interesting time capsule of costuming.
                > >
                > > Ricky
                >
                >--
                >Betsy R. Delaney
                >Web Mistress at large

                "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                Are Doomed To Repeat It;
                Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly--
                Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                -- C.Y. 4971