Re: [ICG-D] Fw: [ICG-BOD] Costume Con 23 Website

  • Ricky & Karen Dick
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 30, 2003
      At 10:34 PM 4/30/2003 -0600, you wrote:
      >The fogs are considered harmless, and I have not had any problems so far.

      We have at least one friend who has a severe asthmatic reaction to ANY kind
      of fog, even the "harmless" kind. He is a haunter, not a costumer, but
      there could be more like him out there.

      I've discovered that fog (even the harmless kind) wreaks havoc on my soft
      contact lenses (even limited exposure leads to irritation and shortened
      wearing time).

      Not trying to say you shouldn't have fog as an option, but these are some
      of the things you have to consider.

      --Karen
    • Charles Galway
      Message 2 of 18 , May 1, 2003
        I have been thinking along the same lines "not everything possible is affordable or logistically feasible" -- to paraphrase.

        As far a flying, that is why the theater uses "Flying by Foy". Being experts, they are insurable, and they they can do the job with minimal stage rehearsal time. That is not saying zero rehearsal time. I'm sure they have worked with non-acrobats before.

        This venue (CC-23) does have a lot of lighting. I am hoping we can use it well. I also know that might call for a lot of gell changes, focusing, and rehearsal. And we can only afford the two days in the theater. Most costumes can do very well by a good basic lighting set-up. (which can still benefit by having a large number of fixtures -- such as was noticed at CC-19, with lots of lights.)

        I am checking the ability of the theater to project onto a screen. As I recall, they can. (Of course they can, I mean for half-time and historical.)

        Charles

        Message 3 of 18 , May 1, 2003
          Charles
          A word I hate to use Unions
          Will they object to my taping for the archives do we need special permission
          like Con Jose.
          Carl
        • henryosier@cs.com
          Message 4 of 18 , May 1, 2003
            In a message dated 5/1/2003 12:54:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
            c.mami@... writes:
            > A word I hate to use Unions
            > Will they object to my taping for the archives do we need special
            > permission
            > like Con Jose.
            Carl,
            I do not remember any union problems for you at ChiCon 2000. You
            needed permission at Con Jose? How weird!
            Henry Osier

          • Charles Galway
            Message 5 of 18 , May 1, 2003
              I think we can do our own videography. I know I have talked to them about a number of things, such as our own sound and light person. I think we would really like more than one camera position. I do think we need to ask (and get) permission from the theater. I know I did have to ask at a Salt Lake Theater, even though I already had the show director's permission.

              Charles

              Will they object to my taping for the archives do we need special permission
              like Con Jose.
              Carl

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Eileen Capes
              Message 6 of 18 , May 1, 2003
                I think I remember a WorldCon a couple of years back that had fog available.
                (Possibly San Antonio, or the maybe the L.A. Nasfic???) I don't know if the
                problem was the timing triggering the fog or the dispersal time, but it
                seemed in every case it was the costume immediately following the costume
                that had asked for the fog effect, that received most of the fog.

                Eileen