Cars & costuming

  • Lay, Toni
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      As I've always said, Costumers travel with freight, not luggage.

      Pella, and I will be driving to Torcon 3, probably with our friend Weller.
      (You may remember Weller from a costume she did at a long-ago Philcon or
      Balticon: The Easter Nunny.) Actually, they'll do the driving, I'll be
      looking at maps and shouting, "Thataway!"

      Weller's Jaguar will be staying home, and we're all piling into Pella's
      Grand Voyager, however, I don't think we'll need the roof pod since none of
      us is planning to enter the masquerade. So, it's just simple
      freight...er...luggage for us.

      Toni
    • Alix Jordan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
        Dear Toni:

        >As I've always said, Costumers travel with freight, not luggage.

        The perfect way to handle taking everything we need to a con:
        eighteen wheels, plus cab, with attached trailer behind it, and several roof
        pods. Might be enough room. Oh, and that's one per person.

        Peace
        Alixandra
        eddana@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
          Get the stuff there with your own train -- freight, not passenger! Add as
          many 50 foot (interior) -- or larger -- box cars as a 5,000 horsepower
          locomotive can haul. Add flat cars for the props that are too big for a box
          car. Too much for one locomotive? Add another -- no limit (except your
          purse)! Amtrak isn't the only railroad that goes to Chicago.