Re: [ICG-D] RE: The Art of Manipulating Fabric

  • Betsy Delaney
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
      And that's why I couldn't find it. I was searching for Fabric
      Manipulation.

      Be careful what you ask for...

      Cheers,

      --
      Betsy R. Delaney
      Web Mistress at large

      mailto:WebInvent@... or visit http://www.WebInvent.com/
      mailto:Costume-Con@... or visit http://www.Costume-Con.org/
      mailto:betsy@... or visit http://www.hawkeswood.com/
    • Caro
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        Is this the book you're discussing?:

        The Art of Manipulating Fabric
        Colette Wolff
        Format: Paperback, 311pp.
        ISBN: 0801984963
        Publisher: Krause Publications
        Pub. Date: October 1996

        If it is, both Borders.com and BN.com currently have it listed, both at a
        20% discount. Actually, Amazon does have it listed, but I'm not urging
        anyone to shop at Amazon these days because of their practice of offering
        used copies for sale on the same page where new copies are sold. You buy
        the used copy, the writer doesn't get a royalty, although Amazon does make
        money on the sale (I won't use the word profit in connection with them).

        With books of this sort (relatively small audience and print run), buying
        used copies instead of new, royalty-producing copies, could make a
        difference in whether or not the author does another one, or whether the
        publisher is willing to print more books like it.

        Just my .02 cents,

        Carolyn Louaillier
        carowriter@...
      • Becky Lee
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
          > The Art of Manipulating Fabric
          > Colette Wolff
          > Format: Paperback, 311pp.
          > ISBN: 0801984963
          > Publisher: Krause Publications
          > Pub. Date: October 1996

          I got my copy right off the shelf at Barnes and Noble last summer in
          the sewing section. I also noticed that my craft book club (Crafters
          Choice) offers it from time to time at less than I paid for it
          including the shipping, ah well.

          Becky