CC-24 bid news from Iowa

  • srabba
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 7, 2003
      Greetings all,

      The CC-24 bid committee has finished counting the ballots for the
      theme choice. The nominees, were:
      1001 Arabian Nights
      Art Deco
      Epic Movies
      Garden of Eden
      Moulin Rouge
      Under the Sea
      And the winner is (drum roll please) …Epic Movies!

      Thanks to everyone who voted we had a lot of fun. In fact we had so
      much fun we want to keep it going, so we are going to have a design
      challenge. Anyone interested is welcome to submit a logo based on
      Epic Movies. It doesn't matter if you plan to come to CC-24 or not,
      all submissions are welcome, be they serious, humorous or somewhere
      in between.

      Here's the fine print. Submissions must be original works and by
      submitting a design you give us permission to use it for the purpose
      of promoting Costume-Con 24, including but not limited to publishing
      on flyers, the website, and/or other appropriate media. And yes, you
      can submit multiple designs. Just get them to us by March 31st.
      There will be prizes; we don't know what yet, but certainly something
      quite spiffy.

      You can send your submission(s) to:
      Costume-Con 24
      PO Box 7572
      Des Moines, IA 50322
      OR
      cc24@...

      Warmest Regards,
      Sallie Abba
      CC-24 Des Moines Bid Co-Chair
    • henryosier@cs.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
        In a message dated 3/7/2003 7:25:47 PM Central Standard Time,
        gsabba@... writes:
        > And the winner is (drum roll please) …Epic Movies!
        Does this mean all masquerade entries must be no smaller than 50 people each?
        Henry Osier

      • Elaine Mami
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
          > And the winner is (drum roll please) …Epic Movies!
          Does this mean all masquerade entries must be no smaller than 50 people
          each?

          And must last 3 or more hours.

          Elaine

          Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall always be amused!
        • henryosier@cs.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
            In a message dated 3/8/2003 4:56:33 PM Central Standard Time,
            vze3zdpc@... writes:
            > >And the winner is (drum roll please) …Epic Movies!
            > Does this mean all masquerade entries must be no smaller than 50 people
            > each?
            >
            > And must last 3 or more hours.
            If I don't like how it goes, can I enter as Alan Smithee?
            Henry Osier

          • Alix Jordan
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
              Dear Elaine:

              >And must last 3 or more hours.

              With music by Corngold, and everyone in corsets, and both men
              and women in ringlets.

              Peace
              Alixandra
              eddana@...

              P.S. and everyone a size eight or smaller.

              Alix

              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
                In a message dated 3/8/2003 3:00:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
                henryosier@... writes:

                > >And the winner is (drum roll please) …Epic Movies!
                > Does this mean all masquerade entries must be no smaller than 50 people
                > each?

                Maybe E Pics are three steps below B movies?

                Randall

              • slcgjeff@aol.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
                  In a message dated 3/8/2003 4:58:43 PM Central Standard Time,
                  vze3zdpc@... writes:

                  > Does this mean all masquerade entries must be no smaller than 50 people
                  > each?
                  >
                  > And must last 3 or more hours.

                  The SLUTS dibs "The Crossing of the Red Sea" from The Ten Commandments. We
                  will be using cats as part of the fantasy aspect, because we all know the
                  idea of herding a large number of cats anywhere is pure fantasy.

                  JSM

                • henryosier@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
                    In a message dated 3/8/2003 6:47:15 PM Central Standard Time,
                    slcgjeff@... writes:
                    > The SLUTS dibs "The Crossing of the Red Sea" from The Ten Commandments.
                    Well, for you movie history buffs, you'll know that doing that in Iowa will
                    give you the right open sea effect.
                    Henry Osier

                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 8, 2003
                      Enrique --

                      We're talking Epic! I think you missed a zero, Mr. deMille.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 10, 2003
                        In a message dated 3/8/2003 8:18:41 PM Central Standard Time,
                        bconnel1@... writes:
                        > We're talking Epic! I think you missed a zero, Mr. deMille.
                        In that case, I, Henry Osier, would like to pre-reserve 50% of those
                        attending for my masquerade entry!
                        Henry Osier

                      • mscip@inreach.com
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 10, 2003
                          > In a message dated 3/8/2003 4:58:43 PM Central Standard Time,
                          > vze3zdpc@... writes:
                          >
                          >> Does this mean all masquerade entries must be no smaller than 50
                          >> people each?
                          >>
                          >> And must last 3 or more hours.
                          >>

                          > The SLUTS dibs "The Crossing of the Red Sea" from The Ten Commandments.
                          > We will be using cats as part of the fantasy aspect, because we all
                          > know the idea of herding a large number of cats anywhere is pure
                          > fantasy.

                          Cats *hate* water. Can you see a bunch of cats going through an area with
                          50 foot tall walls of water? I don't think so. ;-)

                        • McClure, Kate
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 10, 2003
                            > Cats *hate* water. Can you see a bunch of cats going through an area with
                            > 50 foot tall walls of water? I don't think so. ;-)

                            *MREAW!*HISSSSSS!*

                            NO! Fluffy! Don't claw the . . . !

                            *SPLASSSSSSHHHHHH!*

                            (Note: Perhaps Moses was a dog person?)

                            Kate McClure
                            aka StitchWitch
                            Editor, BRCG newsletter, Notions
                          • henryosier@cs.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 11, 2003
                              In the Epic Movie theme, I actually have thought of an entry that could use
                              as many people as the stage will allow!
                              Henry Osier

                            • henryosier@cs.com
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 11, 2003
                                In a message dated 3/10/2003 6:45:06 PM Central Standard Time,
                                kmcclur@... writes:
                                > (Note: Perhaps Moses was a dog person?)
                                The cats learned from Noah and made small arks!
                                Henry Osier

                              • JBdashoff@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 20, 2003
                                  In a message dated 03/11/2003 1:09:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                  henryosier@... writes:

                                  > The cats learned from Noah and made small arks!
                                  > Henry Osier

                                  OK, so if you saw a crossword puzzle clue "beaver's order" what would you
                                  fill in as the answer?
                                  Joni Dashoff (who does better as a costumer than a timed crossword
                                  solver, which doesn't say much about either skill)
                                • henryosier@cs.com
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 21, 2003
                                    In a message dated 3/20/2003 10:39:45 PM Central Standard Time,
                                    JBdashoff@... writes:
                                    > OK, so if you saw a crossword puzzle clue "beaver's order" what would you
                                    > fill in as the answer?
                                    The answer is:
                                    Dam Fish
                                    (think about it)
                                    Henry Osier

                                  • Trudy Leonard
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 21, 2003
                                      >From: JBdashoff@...
                                      >
                                      > OK, so if you saw a crossword puzzle clue "beaver's order" what would
                                      >you
                                      >fill in as the answer?

                                      How many letters?

                                      Trudy

                                    • becky.sauerland@att.net
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 22, 2003
                                        "Beave" said mama beaver. "We beave," said the one. And they beaved all day
                                        on the dam in the sun.

                                        from our children's counting book.
                                        Although 'dam' can be used as a verb, too.
                                        Wren

                                      • JBdashoff@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Apr 1, 2003
                                          In a message dated 03/21/2003 6:33:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                          georgialei@... writes:

                                          > >From: JBdashoff@...
                                          > >
                                          > > OK, so if you saw a crossword puzzle clue "beaver's order" what
                                          would
                                          > >you
                                          > >fill in as the answer?
                                          >

                                          > How many letters?
                                          > EIGHT LETTERS
                                          >
                                          > Trudy
                                          Joni
                                        • Trudy Leonard
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Apr 1, 2003
                                            Giveadam.

                                            Trudy (who has spent a lot of time in the loo with the crossword puzzle
                                            books, 'cause it was the warmest room in the house)