RE: [ICG-D] I forgot to mention...

  • becky.sauerland@att.net
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
      Did anyone notice the Bizarro comic a week or two ago (2/8/03), with the
      Superhero and his Sidekick standing in the ally, and the bank robbers
      doubled over with laughter; Hero says, "It might be time to update our
      costumes."

      I was chatting with a quilter about the Luminex, and we envisioned bedcovers
      that act as night-lights. (You could crimp/sew fake seams rather than
      piecing it) I wonder if one could read under the covers WITHOUT the
      flashlight...

      Wren
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
        In a message dated 3/4/2003 10:37:14 AM Central Standard Time,
        layt@... writes:

        > Just think of the superhero costumes you could make.

        I have! With that stuff, the sun really can shine out of my . . .
        I'm RL Man!
        Henry Osier

      • Lay, Toni
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
          And this is the man that's picking me up at the train station at seven in
          the morning.

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
            Judging by what I saw, Luminex pillows, stuffed toys and balls would make
            excellent nightlights for children. I think you could read by it,
            especially if you use white LED on white fabric. I don't know about using
            it as a bedcover. I'd be afraid I would roll over causing a crease
            (therefore a crimp) in it that would ruin the pattern.

            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
              In a message dated 3/4/2003 3:14:55 PM Central Standard Time,
              layt@... writes:
              > And this is the man that's picking me up at the train station at seven in
              > the morning.
              Choo Choo Charlie was an engineer!
              Choo Choo Charlie like to drink his beer!
              Henry Osier

            • Lay, Toni
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                Oh dear....

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                  Hey, Toni!
                  Do you know that in Wisconsin, some people actually do have three
                  taps at the sink? Hot, Cold, and Beer.
                  Henry

                • Lay, Toni
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                    Please do not bother me again until you pick me up at the Chicago Amtrak
                    station.

                    Do you know that in Wisconsin, some people actually do have three
                    taps at the sink? Hot, Cold, and Beer.
                    Henry

                  • Andrew Trembley
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                      On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 02:56 PM, henryosier@... wrote:
                      > In a message dated 3/4/2003 3:14:55 PM Central Standard Time,
                      > layt@... writes:
                      >> And this is the man that's picking me up at the train station at
                      >> seven in
                      >> the morning.
                      > Choo Choo Charlie was an engineer!
                      > Choo Choo Charlie like to drink his beer!

                      For the longest time, while my cousin's wife Beth was a customer
                      engineer at IBM, her manager was afraid that she was going to hit a
                      customer again.

                      Seems she got a call on a crashed mainframe at some rail-yard in
                      upstate New York. All the switching systems were down, and the
                      third-shift guys knew it wasn't going to be up again until well after
                      the next shift came on. So they got out the beer, sat around a table,
                      and started playing poker. By the time she got there, the were good and
                      drunk. One of them was stupid enough to feel her up. He got a warning.
                      He was stupid again. She clocked him with her toolkit. His friends all
                      laughed at him.

                      --
                      andy trembley, Bitchy Design Queen - http://www.bovil.com/
                      San Jose, CA - '72 R75/5 '86 R100 (mine) - '92 K75sa '03 R1150R

                      2nd most important safety device on my bike: the one beneath my right
                      hand
                      Most important safety device on my bike: the one inside my helmet
                    • Elaine Mami
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                        Vicki is a costumer engineer. Hmmmmm..........

                        Elaine

                        Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall always be amused!

                      • henryosier@cs.com
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                          In a message dated 3/4/2003 5:16:02 PM Central Standard Time,
                          layt@... writes:
                          > Please do not bother me again until you pick me up at the Chicago Amtrak
                          > station.
                          But Toni, how will you know what my car looks like?
                          Henry

                        • Stephanie Carrigg-Regan
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 4, 2003
                              Toni,
                              I'm fairly sure they still have cabs in Chicago. It might be more expensive
                              but in the long run safer.

                              Nora
                            • henryosier@cs.com
                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                In a message dated 3/4/2003 6:42:06 PM Central Standard Time,
                                bada.boom@... writes:
                                > Should make for a really interesting ride from the station to the
                                > convention..
                                Some years ago, they installed black boxes in cars like mine, a SUV, in the
                                area. In all others, before an accident, they heard things like "Oh Sh - -!"
                                In mine, they heard "Hey, Bubba! Watch this!"
                                Henry Osier

                              • IceGirlNIN@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                  Wait...this is the guy running CostumeCon 21? My mother isn't going to be
                                  very happy about that! Good thing she can't read my e-mail...
                                  Obligatory costume content: Where's the layout sheet for my corset?

                                  Christine

                                • henryosier@cs.com
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                    In a message dated 3/4/2003 8:21:37 PM Central Standard Time,
                                    casamai@... writes:
                                    > Toni,
                                    > I'm fairly sure they still have cabs in Chicago. It might be more expensive
                                    > but in the long run safer.
                                    But where's the fun in that?
                                    Henry Osier

                                  • Stephanie Carrigg-Regan
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                        ok, guys. Entertaining as this thread has been, where does it apply to
                                        costuming?

                                        JoAnne

                                      • C. D. Mami
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                          Henry
                                          do you still do the 360 spins and the roll outs I heard about
                                          Carl
                                          BTW is there any truth to the story about you and the rolling Ford 8
                                          complete turns (that is amassing I only got four before the doors came off)
                                          > In a message dated 3/4/2003 8:21:37 PM Central Standard Time,
                                          > casamai@... writes:
                                          > > Toni,
                                          > > I'm fairly sure they still have cabs in Chicago. It might be more
                                          expensive
                                          > > but in the long run safer.
                                          > But where's the fun in that?
                                          > Henry Osier

                                        • Stephanie Carrigg-Regan
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                            > ok, guys. Entertaining as this thread has been, where does it apply to
                                            > costuming?
                                            >
                                            > JoAnne
                                            By all the fascinating way we can wrap Toni up in bandages if she makes it
                                            to the con in one piece.
                                            LOL
                                            Steph
                                          • C. D. Mami
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                              this one is easy what to you wear for the quick change needed after the ride
                                              all of us need to know

                                            • Dressmup@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                                c.mami@... writes:

                                                > this one is easy what to you wear for the quick change needed after the ride
                                                > all of us need to know

                                                clean shorts?

                                                JoAnne

                                              • henryosier@cs.com
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                                  In a message dated 3/5/2003 1:06:07 PM Central Standard Time,
                                                  c.mami@... writes:
                                                  > do you still do the 360 spins and the roll outs I heard about
                                                  > Carl
                                                  > BTW is there any truth to the story about you and the rolling Ford 8
                                                  > complete turns (that is amassing I only got four before the doors came off)
                                                  Did you know that those new fangled VW Beetles make great launch ramps?
                                                  Henry Osier

                                                • Lay, Toni
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                                    I hope all of you realize you're making me nervous. If Henry shows up
                                                    wearing driving gloves, goggles and a long white scarf, I'm walking to
                                                    Skokie.

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                                      In a message dated 3/5/03 8:07:57 PM !!!First Boot!!!, layt@...
                                                      writes:
                                                      > If Henry shows up
                                                      > wearing driving gloves, goggles and a long white scarf,
                                                      I do have gauntlets, and a white silk scarf. But its been impossible to find
                                                      goggles that fit over the glasses!
                                                      Henry

                                                    • C. D. Mami
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                                        The Scarf will be of many colors (costume note) like the good doctor

                                                      • henryosier@cs.com
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Mar 5, 2003
                                                          In a message dated 3/5/2003 2:47:30 PM Central Standard Time,
                                                          c.mami@... writes:

                                                          > The Scarf will be of many colors (costume note) like the good doctor

                                                          I've got the multi color extra long, the three color six footer, and a 12
                                                          foot version made for people with black & white TV's!

                                                          Henry Osier

                                                        • henryosier@cs.com
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Mar 6, 2003
                                                            In a message dated 3/5/2003 8:42:36 PM Central Standard Time,
                                                            IceGirlNIN@... writes:
                                                            > Wait...this is the guy running CostumeCon 21?
                                                            Yes, I am! Hee Hee Hee!
                                                            Henry W. Osier,
                                                            Co-Chair, CC21
                                                            <A HREF="http://www.jennifarse.com/cc2003">Costume-Con 21 Welcomes You!</A>