Re: Wedding Proposals

  • carole@falconer.vip.best.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2001
      > JohnO - Who never got to finish the question, before he was tackled
      > by a beautiful woman yelling "Yes! Yes! Yes!" into his ear.

      With JohnO's indulgence, I'd like to tell my romantic proposal/wedding story.

      Brief background: When I was commuting up to a job in San Francisco from Silicon
      Valley, I would ride my bike to the Caltrain, get on the bike car, and finish
      the ride to San Francisco. Once there, I would ride my bike the rest of the way
      to work. Reverse in the evening.

      I had been doing this for 1.5 month when a voice, literally from above, said
      "hi." "Oh, hi," was my really intelligent reply. Well, the fact that I didn't
      say "scram" was enough encouragement.

      Fast forward 5.5 months to October 30, 1999. An alarm that I didn't set went
      off. Yours truly is horribly nearsighted. While getting closer to read the alarm
      clock, I noticed a red rose on the pillow beside me. With a note. Each note had
      a hint, and I eventually would up at the Caltrain station where I used to do my
      commuting from.

      Yep, he proposed on the train. In front of two very special friends of mine. You
      want to talk about lots of roses!

      When he presented the ring, I just stared at it. After a long pause, he said
      "Well?" "Well, put the ring on," and kissed him. If my girlfriend's smile had
      gotten any bigger, her head would have split. ;-)

      Fast forward to June 17, 2000.
      We were married on Caltrain. Yep, a working, moving train. We recreated our
      commute. I literally walked down the aisle of the train car to the vestibule
      where we did the ceremony. The guy that married us was a friend of 20 years, so
      it made it that much more special.

      No, we didn't take the wedding train all the way to San Francisco. Just to the
      stop nearest our reception hall.

      Fortunately, our families like each other. :-)