974Re: [ICG-D] Digest Number 118 Airport Security

  • Elaine Mami
    Feb 1, 2001
      >>My mother had a sterling silver letter opener she'd bought for me in
      >>Brazil
      >taken away and somehow mid-flight it mysteriously disappeared from the
      >cockpit. They purchased a replacement which I still have, but she said it
      >wasn't as nice as the original.

      I think I have the best stopped-at-the-metal-detector story yet. It
      happened on the way home from Australia. After unloading everything I could
      possibly have on me of metal, the sensor still beeped. The attendant ran
      her wand over me several times, still beeping. Finally she said to me,
      "Sorry, honey, but I'll bet you're wearing an underwire bra, right?" Right!

      There's a lesson there somewhere, and it frightens me.

      Elaine