49992New ICG Chapter: Costumers Anonymous of North Texas

  • philgust
    Mar 30, 2016

      I'm pleased to announce that the ICG Board has just approved the application of Costumers Anonymous of North Texas (CANT) as the newest chapter! The the group is centered around the Dallas / Ft. Worth Metroplex.

      CANT was established about 2010 (perhaps a bit earlier) by a group of costumers who were supporting local science fiction conventions. They have a wide variety of crafters in their group – so their focus is on all aspects of costuming.

      The group is active in FenCon (www.fencon.org) as well as WhoFest (www.whofestdfw.org). They are also active in other regional events across Texas. Last year they sponsored the CANT costume repair room for one con, which was an enormous success, and fueled the request for them to do it again at several more cons. This year they are also doing the entire costuming track as well as the repair room.

      Their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1524589397804130/) is their most active social communicator. They hope to have a website up soon.

      Please join me in welcoming CANT to the ICG!

      Philip Gust

      ICG President

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic