49800Call for 2016 ICG Lifetime Achievement Award nominations
- Dec 31, 2015
The ICG presents its highest honor, the Lifetime Achievement Award each year at Costume-Con. The award recognizes "a body of achievement in the costuming art and service to the costuming community." Thirty two recipients, including five couples, have been honored since 1990. Nominations for 2016 are now being accepted.
The ICG President oversees the nomination and election process. Nominations can be made by any ICG member, chapter, or SIG in good standing, and are due no later than March 5, 2016. ICG chapter presidents and the five elected officers vote on the nominations. Send nominations to laa-nomination@... and use "LAA Nomination" as the subject line.
Preparing a good nomination really does take time so I strongly recommend starting now. Visit http://www.costume.org/lifetime for qualifications and to read past recipients' citations. Citations are based on information provided in recipients' nominations.
Here are some tips for preparing an effective nomination:
- Not all chapter presidents and officers who vote on the award are familiar with the person you are nominating. Give them a good understanding of your nominee's qualifications and accomplishments.
- Start with a one- or two-paragraph "executive summary" that addresses all the qualifications for the award. This is your best chance to make your case, so spend some quality time on this.
- Follow that with some notable accomplishments that support what you said in your "executive summary." A few well-chosen examples are usually enough.
- If you are describing costuming skills, include a couple of URLs to photos in the ICG's International Costumers' Gallery or other photo sites as examples.
- Nominations typically run from several paragraphs to a full page (200-500 words). Quality is more important than quantity.
Thanks in advance to those who submit a nomination for your efforts on behalf of a fellow costumer who deserves this special recognition.
- Next post in topic >>