49642New Resource Center for Chapters and SIGs

  • philgust
    Jul 15, 2015

      I'm pleased to announce a new “Resource Center for Chapters and SIGs”. You'll find a link to it under "Chapters and Special Interest Groups" on the main page of the ICG website (http://www.costume.org/)..

      This new resource center focuses on providing useful tips, guides, and articles for new and existing Chapters and SIGs. It includes a list of benefits and step-by-step guides for applying for affiliation, tips for new chapters and SIGs, and articles on specific topics like adopting bylaws and a code of conduct, setting up bank and online payment accounts, and getting online.

      The resource center also includes articles to help existing chapters and SIGs run smoothly, including sample officer job descriptions, details on membership reporting, how to become a non-profit, automating event registration and payments, and an events and activities idea bank. Finally, the resource center includes PR tips and templates that chapters and SIGs can use to help promote themselves.

      We'd like to continue adding new content about starting, running, and promoting chapters and SIGs. If your chapter or SIG has useful tips, guides, or articles to share, please consider contributing new pages or enhancing existing ones. If you have web skills and would be interested in helping write, edit, and post content for the new resource center, please contact me at icg-president@....

      Philip Gust

      ICG President

      icg-president@...