      From: Carole Parker <mscip@...>
      Subject: Re: [ICG-D] Fabric and Pattern Question
      Date: July 21, 2014 at 2:39:19 PM PDT

      Thanks, Lisa. I found out from someone else that I could add a little bit more (one-quarter inch) to the fabric and have it work. The sleeves are the same fabric as the rest of the garment. I had done a previous version of the same pattern without sleeves, so I am familiar with the pattern.

      I will try to post a photo soon.

      Until later—

      On Jul 19, 2014, at 3:22 AM, lisa58@... [ICG-D] <ICG-D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      My answer would be--you can put sleeves on ANYTHING, even if the fabrics
      are different.  The main Thing is to draw/design the sleeve, and do at
      least one mock up. If you have somewhat less stretch than required, make
      the pattern pieces  a little bigger, then with the mock-up try it on and
      trim it down a small amount at a time.   If you have enough fabric to
      spare, make a trial sleeve and set it in, to see how the stretch behaves.

      I firmly believe that you can make any pattern iwth any fabric, if you
      make a mock up and know how the fabric behaves.  If you get frustrated
      making mock-ups, remember that the final one will be your "pattern" when
      you are done, and the next version will be much easier!