48815Re: [ICG-D] Re: I'm Baaaaack!

  • Susan Toker
    Apr 29, 2014
      The AOL hacking just made it to CNN.

      They also are warning about Internet Explorer having a new big hacking hole.

      Sue

      On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Randall Whitlock <randwhit@...> wrote:

      From the article, it looks like this DMARC thingie is exactly the tool to stop spoofing attacks like the one I just experienced. If AOL just implemented it, that would explain why the spams stopped suddenly.

      Thanks for the info!

      Randall

      On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Randall Whitlock <randwhit@...> wrote:
      The spam storm from the hack of my AOL address appears to have subsided for a while.

      Nonetheless, I have rejoined this group under my gmail account in hopes that its security is a bit better.

      I am still monitoring both randwhit at aol.com and randwhit at gmail .com, should you wish to contact me off-list.

      I haven't decided yet which address to use for distributing the SWCG newsletter next week.

      Randall

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic