48677Cool Event - San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles

    Mar 27, 2014
      I just got a notice that the people who are in the exhibit Metamorphosis: Clothing & Identity at the museum are having a trunk show. On Sunday, March 30th, 2:45 - 5:00 p.m. Many of these people have made presentations at the Peninsula Wearable Arts Guild (PenWAG), and they're interesting people to see and hear. The people making presentations at the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles include:

      Ocelot/ Angelina DeAntonis
      Carol Lee Shanks
      Ana Lisa Hedstrom
      Janet Lipkin
      Jean Cacicedo
      Ellen Hauptli
      Marion Clayden

      For more information:

      http://sjquiltmuseum.org/
      ADDRESS: San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles
      520 South First Street, San Jose, CA 95113

      Blog article to check out: http://art-nerd.com/sanfrancisco/metamorphosis-clothing-identity/

      If you're into wearable art or seeing the different techniques that these artists have done, the exhibit is worthwhile to take a look at. The exhibit runs through April 27th, and you can easily spend a couple hours there without too much problem. Of course, I got yet more ideas of things I could do when I went to this exhibit.