      From: Aurora Celeste <auroraceleste@...>
      To: "ICG-D@yahoogroups.com" <ICG-D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, March 9, 2014 2:01:55 PM
      Subject: [ICG-D] Costumers and Consent/Harassment

      I recently went to a panel where someone tried to assert that before the Anime heyday and 2001 costuming and fandom was one big happy family with no issues of sexual harassment or problems with marginalizing minority costumers.  It sounded contrary to some stories I've heard, but I thought it would be easiest to go to the people who lived it.  Is this true?  Were there really no problems with sexual harassment back in the days of 'no costume is a costume', or is this a case of rose-colored glasses and the explosion of costuming in fandom as well as the easy transmission of stories by the internet?

      ~Aurora

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic