48345Re: [ICG-D] Wide broadcast - new masquerade, coming Thanksgiving Weekend, *2014*

  • elektra
    Nov 21 12:36 AM
      Darkovercon traditionally allowed historical costumes in the masq--it would be nice if that was a traditional that was revived.

      It was the only place only than costumecon to compete a historically accurate costume.

      On 11/18/2013 8:05 PM, Betsy Marks Delaney wrote:
      Hi, all!

      So sorry for the duplication in posts. We know too many of the same people. 8)

      I've been asked to head up brand-new Chessiecon's first-ever masquerade and I'm coming to you for help!

      As you can see by the link below, nothing is set. I'm interested in finding folks who want to compete, work on (and work out) the rules, judges, emcees and everything in between. With luck, we'll have more details to discuss after Darkover.

      Chessiecon is being assembled and run by friends of the con known as Darkover Grand Council, and will take place next year, Thanksgiving Weekend, 2014.

      I hope to see folks at this year's final Darkover and am also hoping I'll find folks who want to be part of this new venture.

      So, here's your opportunity to let me know what sort of event you'd like to see. Nothing is set - I only just accepted the position within the last week.

      Please direct questions to the email address listed on the web site (masquerade at chessiecon dot org for folks not web-enabled).

      Feel free to pass this info to folks you think might be interested in participating, in whatever capacity.

      Thanks much!

      See some of you Thanksgiving Weekend,

      Betsy Marks Delaney

      Coab minshak'a.
      Until Midnight Editorial Services
      Editor and Reviewer for buzzymag
      Acquisitions Editor for Sparkito Press, an Imprint of Dark Quest Books
      https://twitter.com/elektraUM                             [Twitter]
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514628819   [Facebook]
      SFWA Affiliate member
      Publicity for Darkovercon