48328Happy to Announce

    Oct 26, 2013
      Hello All:

      I am happy to announce that I have just been confirmed as the Costume Programming track manager for Sasquan, the Spokane Worldcon in 2015.

      I have all sorts of ideas and plans that I want to implement, and I hope that you'll be able to be part of it.

      What I am hoping to emphasize at Sasquan is hands on workshops more than talking heads. I am encouraging a formula something along the lines of an overview panel on a particular aspect, and then at least one if not two or more hands on workshops related to that overview. While some people learn by listening, many more learn by doing an activity rather than just listening.

      One potential limit that we'll probably be looking at is that the hands on workshops probably have to not be too messy, since we'll be in either hotel or convention center space. When I have more information, I will let people know and get it up on the website as soon as I find out.

      Please spread this complete message to additional appropriate lists or individuals.

      Until later--

      Carole Parker
      Sasquan Costume Programming
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic