      From: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ICG-D@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Andrew Trembley
      Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:45 PM
      To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ICG-D] Re: Let's go back to 1972...

      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM, ARD <kjaneway@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for posting that Andrew! Wow, the Turd unmasked at last.

      It wasn't a secret as much as it was just forgotten. Mike Resnick and Milt
      Stevens both wrote about it in fanzines that are now available online.
      Their reports lacked some detail, like Scott's identity.

      A very young Ed Green followed him in the run order, he's still active in LA
      (not in costume fandom, but in LASFS and LA convention running). Ed's a
      friend of mine and he filled me in on a bit of the story. And Hugo Award
      Winning Fan Artist Mo Starkey (Chris Garcia says that's a perpetual and
      required title for her now) was Scott's girlfriend many years ago. She
      filled me in on a bit more of the story.

      Really, the only part of the story that's not corroborated is the pipes
      exploding, and several people who were involved in the '72 concom have
      confirmed that's a fabrication.

      andy