Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

47276Re: [ICG-D] Man Box

Expand Messages
  • Barb Schofield
    Dec 3, 2012
      Looking where they sell them, cataloges refer to them as:
      1959 = jewelry case
      1972 = jewel box, valet or night valet
      1979 = jewel box, organizer box, and dresser valet
      1983 = valet
      1988 = valet
      2012 = valet and jewelry case
      The site "WishbookWeb.Com" has calaloges starting in 1933 and is an ongoing project to archive vintage Christmas Cataloges.  Great place to look up vintage items.


      From: Kevin Roche <kevin@...>
      To: "ICG-D@yahoogroups.com" <ICG-D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, December 1, 2012 10:38:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [ICG-D] Man Box

      I have seen them referred to as a valet.KevinSent from my iPhoneOn Dec 1, 2012, at 4:04 PM, "mailto:randwhit%40aol.com" <mailto:randwhit%40aol.com> wrote:> Here's a conversation/argument starter:>> I have a wood and glass box where I keep my man-jewelry like watches, tie> bars, cuff links, lapel pins, pen & pencil set, etc.>> Is there a special name for a gentleman's accessory box? Jewelry box is> accurate, but you'd think there would be a more masculine-sounding term.>> Randall>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic