21784Re: [ICG-D] Re: Natural Disasters

    Oct 7, 2004
      36+ inches (920 millimeters) of snow on the ground at one time strikes me as a tad excessive. I've experienced that. It puts interesting demands on costumes (to keep this on track).

      From: Alix<mailto:eddana@...>
      To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ICG-D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 12:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [ICG-D] Re: Natural Disasters

      Dear Byron:

      > Snow?

      Snow is not a natural disaster. We depend on having snow each winter to
      ensure that the crops will come up in the spring. Years, in which we've had
      very dry winters, have resulted in bad harvests and escalating food costs.
      No, snow is good. Mind you, snow all year isn't good, but then neither is
      nothing but hot, sunny weather and never any rain. Balance is the key.
      Now, ice storms are a natural disaster. No disagreement with you there,
      but snow? No. Not really.

      Peace
      Alixandra
      eddana@...<mailto:eddana@...>