12719Re: [ICG-D] Half Time

  • Ricky & Karen Dick
    May 1, 2003
      It was a very fun tape.
      It has footage from the masquerades that the costumers are speaking about,
      and most gave very good and honest answers about the state of the art.
      As almost no one on the tape is still invlolved in fandom in the same
      coupling, due to death and divorce, it would certainley be interesting to
      get new interviews after all these years with those of us remaining.

      ya know, now that we can say what we really want about stuff, and not worry
      about sleeping out in the garage for a week.

      off the top of my head, there were 19 people on it, and only 6-7 are still
      active in fannish costuming.
      I'm thinking the Pettingers were on it, and that would make them the only
      intact couple from the tape. I didn't count Marty as I don't think Bobbi
      was on the tape.
      Maybe I'm wrong about the pettingers and it was the Kennedy's on it? or the
      Dawes?
      that would bring our count down to only 4-5 active.and no couples still
      together.

      Why don't I look it up?
      cause the only copy I can find is on BETA LOL!

      Some of the body language alone on this tape is worthy of note, you could
      have called almost ever split up LOL!

      I'm not surprised it isn't in Betsy's archives simply because it's a very
      general fannish costumer tape, and since it was done between CC4 & 5
      there's not that high a percentage of CC costumes on it. you'll see more
      westercons and balticons than CC.

      But it certainley is a worthy slice of history of 80's costuming.

      Ricky