Justification Report by TRACES

  • Mukesh Saran
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2013
      I have noted that TRACES has uploaded a utility for converting "Justification Report" in excel format. But this requires the excel 2010 what will be the fat of users not having this version of excel

      see this is at the webpage of TRACES

      TRACES Justification Report Generation Utility V 1.0 (Needs Excel 2010 or later - Size ~400Kb)

      Steps to convert the Justification Report text file into an excel

      • Download the zip file from 'Requested Downloads' screen and save to your local machine
      • Unzip the file using Winzip. Password to unzip is 'JR_<TAN>_<Form Type>_<Quarter>_<FY>', e.g., JR_AAAAA1235A_24Q_Q3_2010-11. This will save the Justification Report as a text file
      • Download the macro utility for Justification Report from this screen
      • Double-click the utility, excel sheet will open
      • Click on 'Enable Content' in the warning message to enable macros
      • Select the Justification Report text file and the folder to save the output excel file and click on button 'Generate TDS CPC Justification Report'
      • The text file will be converted into excel spreadsheet and saved in the selected folder
      • Open the Justification Report excel file from the folder in which it has been saved

      Beside this for every download filling of so many information starting from Provisional Receipt number, continuing with putting BSR Code, Challan no. Challan Date, Challan Amount with Decimal and two zeros and ending with 3 PAN numbers with amount of TDS again with Decimal and 2 zeros is a very time consuming and cumbersome process. The most tedious point is when after putting all the info site gives msg that it is not working try after some time.

      Those who can send their voice at the top level to make it easy should come forward.

      with regards,
      ---
      CA. Mukesh Saran
      M.Com.,FCA, DISA(ICAI)
      Lucknow
      09415465330

      saranfca@...saranfca@...
      Call For Tally.ERP9 - Password Recovery - Logo Creation - Masters creation from Excel etc.
    • Sumit Bhiwaniwala
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013

        Dear Sir
        Please note the words written "excel 2010 or later" which includes the previous version of excel i.e. 2003, 2007. As with me I am using excel 2007 and I am even able to convert the justification report at ease.

        Thanks &Regards
        CA Sumit Kumar Bhiwaniwala
        Partner
        Anup K Agrawal and Associates