17135Re: [IC27A] Anyone have any clever tips for running wires?

  • Michael Hendry
    Dec 7 10:33 AM
      Mine were definitely under the head liner and out through the mast base with a connector. I was definitely not going to go through all that trouble and expense of dropping the mast to rely on the old wiring.

      From: "Chris Greenman chris.m.greenman@... [IC27A]" <IC27A@yahoogroups.com>
      To: IC27A@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [IC27A] Anyone have any clever tips for running wires?

      My 1980 C30 has them down the post and I'm pretty sure my 1984 C27 had them that way as well.

      On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Dan Von Seggern dan.vonseggern@... [IC27A] <IC27A@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Actually, at least on mine (1977) the factory ran the wires under the headliner and out through the mast base.  No real way to access them or to pull new ones in the same place.

      On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Chris Greenman chris.m.greenman@... [IC27A] <IC27A@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I believe the factory way is to drop the mast and run it down inside the compression post.  You have to drop the mast to get at it tho.

      On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Michael Hendry mvhendry@... [IC27A] <IC27A@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I rewired my mast last year and at the moment have 3 cables coiled and hanging on it. I have a couple of cable clams (though now I am thinking they will look terrible). No way I was going to connect to the old interior wiring. Anyone rewire their boat and have some good tips for bringing the cables in and running them unobtrusively?

      Thanks
      Mike Hendry
      Icharus, #327
      Delaware