IAM Conference, Save The Date info

  • Gutenkauf, Diane
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2010
      IAM Conference, Save The Date info

      Illinois Association of Museums 2010 Annual Conference "Exploring the Magic of Place"
      Save the date!
      Nov. 3-5, 2010 in Naperville, IL

      Plan to join us in Naperville for the IAM Annual Fall Conference.
      There will be a unique blend of “behind-the-scenes” VIP experiences, hands-on opportunities at area museums, engaging sessions, lively roundtable discussions, a vendor display hall and starlight evening frolics. An overall engaging and fun time is promised for all!

      What kind of magic do you employ to attract visitors? How is your place unique? Come explore the opportunities to learn,
      grow, share and interact with your museum partners, neighbors and friends. Take the time to visit with your colleagues and share ideas for the future. One thing’s for sure… there will be magic in the air!

      ~ Coming Soon ~
      Visit the Web for all the details on this magical event!
      www.state.il.us/hpa/iam

      IAM 2010 Planning Team
      Every one of us either works, plays or volunteers at a place that creates its own sense of magic, wonder and awe.

      • DuPage Children’s Museum • First Division Museum at Cantigny • Geneva History Center • Naper Settlement
      • Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny • St. Charles Heritage Center • Ted Swigon, Museum Consultant

      Together we’ll explore those magical realms.

      Diane Gutenkauf
      Director
      Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny
      1s151 Winfield Rd.
      Wheaton IL 60189
      dgutenkauf@...

    • Kim Stull
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010

        Dear Museum Colleagues:

        The cost of insurance benefits for museum employees increases each year – often greater than the museum budgets can easily accommodate.  This is especially challenging for small and midsize museums which pay greater premiums, because of the small number of insured employees.  There are few options to alleviate this problem.

        The Illinois Association of Museums is investigating the possibility of a group insurance program for museum staff across the state.  Part of the study requires information about current insurance coverage for all Illinois museums.  Therefore, please take just a few moments to complete the insurance survey.  Regardless of whether or not your institution is large or small, government or private, please go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M6B8TSM between now and June 30, 2010 to participate in the survey.  If you are not responsible for insurance decisions in your museum, please forward this email on to the person who is.   This brief survey is only 10 questions long, but will be critical in helping determine our steps forward in this process.

        Thank you.

        Kimberly Stull

        Vice President

        IAM

      • Peter Olson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010

          Hi there,

          The NIU Art Museum in DeKalb has an upcoming exhibit that needs "crowd control" - those ca. 18" tall rope-and-stanchion arrangements.  I have googled, and gotten some info that way, but I'd like to know if anyone has personal recommendations, good or bad, about vendors.  Better, yet, does anyone know of a source for renting them?  Does your museum have a bunch (one-to-two dozen) that you aren't using this fall (August-December) that we could borrow?

          Thanks so much,

          Pete Olson

        • Gutenkauf, Diane
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010

            Try Displays2go if you’d like to purchase some. We’ve purchased other items from them and been pleased with their service and the products.

            http://www.displays2go.com/sub4s.asp?ID=788

            Diane Gutenkauf

            Director

            Robert R. McCormick Museum

            dgutenkauf@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2010

              Dear Colleagues:

              Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to complete the Insurance Survey.  For those of you who haven’t yet, we encourage you to give us your feedback!

              Thank you!