Government-Museum Support and Partnerships

  • Sonali Oberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010
      I am currently engaged in long term planning for my museum with representatives from our community's various taxing bodies.  Specifically, I am meeting with representatives from the city, township, park district, school district and library district.  In preparation for our upcoming discussions, I have been asked to research various models of support from and relationships with taxing bodies throughout the state.  If your museum receives financial and/or in-kind support from your park district, township, county, municipality or other taxing body, I would be interested in knowing more about the level of support you receive and the expectations that come with your partnership.  I understand that such matters may be sensitive and invite commentary to my private e-mail address:  Exec_Dir@....  I may be reached by phone at 630-232-4951.  I would appreciate any insight or advice you might give me.  All discussions will be kept in the strictest confidence. Thank you for your consideration.

      Sincerely,

      Dave Oberg
      Executive Director
      Geneva History Center