Re: Deaccession Procedures

  • jessicamctague
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2010
      Thanks for the feedback,

      I have been consulting these resources and I am actually looking to update our deaccession policy and procedures. We rarely deaccession, however, as an institution that has been open since the 1940s, I have come across a few items that no longer coincide with our mission.

      Our institution definitely understands the seriousness of deaccessioning (which is why we rarely embark upon it). I am just looking for any specific advice from institutions whom have had to deaccession an object!

      Thanks!