Inquiry Regarding Manufacture of Traveling Exhibits

  • Sonali Oberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
      I have been asked to consider creating an exhibit in 2011 that would include a portion that could travel to libraries and museums after the show ends.  While I have created exhibits over the years, I have really never done a traveling show.  I wondered if any of you might have suggestions, recommendations and pitfalls to avoid.  I need to put together a budget related to this, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I assume the traveling portion of the exhibit would largely be flatwork based on my initial discussions.

      Regards,

      Dave Oberg
      Executive Director
      Geneva History Center
    • Peggie Stromberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
        I would recommend that you talk to Elizabeth Marston at the Elgin Area Historical Society.  They have done 2 traveling exhibits.

        Margaret (Peggie) Stromberg
        Executive Director
        Elgin Public Museum
        847-741-6655
        peggie_epm@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2010

          Mike Hernandez at Museum Consultants is a the perfect guy to call. He will give you great advice over the phone and could assist with your project. He has done similar work for the General John A. Logan Museum in Murphysboro , Illinois .

          His phone is 618-565-8000.

          Russell Ward

          Executive Director

          Southern Illinois Tourism Development Office

          3000 W DeYoung St / Suite 800 - B

          Marion IL 62959

          (618) 998-1024

          (618)924-3642 (cell)