Illinois Budget Analysis

  • force_majeure_quilts
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2009
      I am reviewing an analysis of the proposed budget for Illinois and came across the following notes:

      The FY10 Governor's requested budget includes the merging of the Historic Preservation
      Agency into the Department of Natural Resources. Details include:
      �� The portion allotted to Historic Sites totals approximately $10.7 million All Funds.
      The FY09 appropriation for HPA was $28.7 million All Funds.
      �� The merger will result in an approximate headcount reduction of 20.
      �� The historic sites which were closed by Blagojevich will NOT be reopened
      for FY10.

      The entire document is here: http://americansforprosperity.com/files/2010_State_Budget_Proposal.pdf

      Regards,
      Kim Nettles
    • Everingham, Karen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2009
        Glacier

        I think a less biased assessment of the budget would be of more use.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Karen E. Everingham
        Historic Sites Division
        Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
        1 Old State Capitol Plaza
        Springfield, IL 62701
        217/785-1584

      • Peggie Stromberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2009
          Karen, I definitely agree with your comments.  The situation is what it is and we will all have to find a way to work with it, through it and around it.  There isn't a lot of market for criticism or finger pointing.  It is instead a time to try new things, to explore new collaboration and figure out how to make the most of a situation.  I find myself looking in completely unexplored areas this year, searching out new partners, new ideas and a change in the way we do business.

          I would rather see departments merged than totally done away with.  That takes from all and benefits none.

          Margaret (Peggie) Stromberg
          Executive Director
          Elgin Public Museum
          847-741-6655
          peggie_epm@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26, 2009

            I also totally agree with Karen’s statement, the budget that was posted on the board did have some finger pointing going on.

            Also as Peggy said we must find other ways to bring people together and to learn from one another how to survive and in our new found economy.

            Years from now children in class rooms will be learning what we are experiencing today

            and how we made it though.

            To: IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com
            From: peggie_epm@...
            Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:48:05 -0500
            Subject: [IAM_ListServ] RE: Re:Illinois Budget Analysis

            Karen, I definitely agree with your comments.  The situation is what it is and we will all have to find a way to work with it, through it and around it.  There isn't a lot of market for criticism or finger pointing.  It is instead a time to try new things, to explore new collaboration and figure out how to make the most of a situation.  I find myself looking in completely unexplored areas this year, searching out new partners, new ideas and a change in the way we do business.

            I would rather see departments merged than totally done away with.  That takes from all and benefits none.

            Margaret (Peggie) Stromberg
            Executive Director
            Elgin Public Museum
            847-741-6655
            peggie_epm@cityofel gin.org

            I think a less biased assessment of the budget would be of more use.

[...]

            Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.