RE: [IAM_ListServ] Women's baseball league?

  • Rich Vitton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2009

      Hello Diane

      Email me and I will help you out with your Girls Baseball Problem. Here is a small sample of what we have here at the Historical Society of Forest Park, Illinois

      And yes they are a Chicago area team

      Rich Vitton

       Historical Society of Forest Park , Illinois

      To: historichousemuseums@yahoogroups.com; IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com
      From: dgutenkauf@...
      Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:58:50 -0500
      Subject: [IAM_ListServ] Women's baseball league?

      Ten minutes ago my boss popped into my office to discuss a big event our parent organization has decided to host to commemorate D-Day. Senior management (sigh) for a wide variety of complicated reasons has tasked me and my staff with finding two teams who re-enact the Women’ Professional Baseball League and who would be willing to play a demo game here on June 6th.

      I can name a half-dozen Vintage Baseball teams in our area who play 1860s rules baseball but have never heard of one Women’s League team, much less two.

      I’d welcome any leads, especially to teams in the Midwest. Any teams in the Chicago area seems too much to hope for but would be hugely appreciated.

      TIA

      Diane Gutenkauf

      Director

      Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny

      1S151 Winfield Rd.

      Wheaton, IL 60189

      630-260-8159 (v)

      630-260-8160 (f)

      dgutenkauf@cantigny .org

      www.cantigny. org

      Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.