Midwest Folk Festival

  • Martha Downey
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
      Bishop Hill has been selected by the Illinois Arts Council to host 2009's Midwest Folk Festival.  This event highlights the ethnic and folk arts of Midwestern states bordering the Mississippi River.  The event includes performances, demonstrations and a narrative stage.  August 1 and 2, 2009 are the event's dates.

      If you know of ethnic or folk artists that might like to perform or demonstrate at this event contact Bucky Halker.  buckyhalker@...

    • Peggie Stromberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
        Martha, how does the Arts Council hold a function at a closed site?  Or has your site been re-opened.  I fervently hope that all of the closed historic sites and state parks will be re-opened soon.
        Margaret (Peggie) Stromberg
        Executive Director
        Elgin Public Museum
        847-741-6655
        peggie_epm@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
          Peggie,
          Bishop Hill State Historic Site closed, but not our communitiy's
          other businesses and museums. The Bishop Hill Heritage Association
          is the group with which the Illinois Arts Council is coordinating the
          event here. That Associaitons' museum, shop, and artisans program
          continue to be open. Thank you for your hope.
          Martha Jane Downey
          Bishop Hill State Historic Site
          309-927-3345

          --- In IAM_ListServ@yahoogroups.com, Peggie Stromberg