Job posting Curator

  • Gutenkauf, Diane
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2008
      Please excuse cross posting, please do not respond to me, I'm just passing this info along

      Diane Gutenkauf
      Director
      Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny
      1s151 Winfield Rd.
      Wheaton IL 60189
      dgutenkauf@...
      ***************************************
      Museum Curator
      Closing Date: November 9, 2008
      Agency: Wheaton Park District
      Website: www.wheatonparkdistrict.com

      Salary: $46,480-$49,000
      Posted Date: 10/09/2008
      Qualifications: Location: DuPage History Museum, 102 East Wesley, Wheaton, Il 60187

      Job Summary: Oversees the management of the museum collection, archival materials and objects, including acquisition, preservation and exhibition of items. Provide leadership, coordination and supervision for historical exhibition and collection of management projects, especially as it relates to preservation issues.

      Qualifications:
      • Bachelor’s degree in museum studies or related field required,
      • Masters preferred.
      • Five years of experience in a senior position overseeing museum operations, collections management, or related field required.
      • Experience in project management preferred.
      • Ability to read, comprehend and speak in English.
      • Must have a valid driver’s license.
      • Proficient in Microsoft Office and the operation of various office equipment.
      • Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
      • Must pass pre-employment physical and drug testing requirements.

      Salary:
      $46,480 - $49,000

      Hours:
      Monday – Friday
      8:30 – 4:30
      Some Saturdays required

      Applications/Resumes taken at:
      Wheaton Park District
      1777 S. Blanchard Street Rd
      Wheaton IL 60189
      Phone: 630-665-4710
      Fax: 630-510-4951
      Email: jobs@...
      Duties: Essential Duties:
      • Work with the museum educator and other Wheaton Park District staff to complete, and implement a master plan and restoration plan.
      • Work with Director of Special Facilities, education supervisor and other staff to recruit and coordinate a public support group.
      • Assist in securing financial support for preservation efforts and museum services
      • Effectively use and supervise all available human resources, materials, supplies and equipment.
      • Assist in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating staff.
      • Assist in preparing annual budget and project cost estimates concerning the museum.
      • Develop and prepare reports, plans, and recommendations as assigned.
      • Supervise and coordinate programs and special events with the educator and volunteers of the museum.
      • Coordinate research, design, fabrication, installation and upkeep of on-and off- site exhibits, including regular updates of the exhibit schedule.
      • Identify inventories and maintains records of the museum
      • Plan and implements collection management.
      Address: 102 E Wesley St
      City, State Zip: Wheaton, IL 60187
      Contact: Diane Hirshberg
      Phone: 630-665-4710