Job Posting, Visitors Center Manager
Please excuse cross postings:
The Robert R. McCormick Foundation is hiring a Visitors Center Manager to operate its Cantigny Park Visitors Center in Wheaton , Illinois . Information on Cantigny Park can be found at www.Cantigny.org and RRM Foundation information is at www.McCormickFoundation.org
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: Laura Evans, Director of Visitor Services at levans@... or by mail to;
Director of Visitor Services
1S151 Winfield Rd.
Please do not respond to this email.
Visitors Center Manager
Department: Visitor Services
Supervisor: Director of Visitor Services, Special Activities and Security
Effective Date: 02/01/08
Manage the Visitors Center within the guidelines established by the Director of Visitor Services. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Visitors Center Gift Shop, Gallery, Theater and Medill Room.
1. Manage the operation of the Visitors Center Gift Shop
2. Assist in the hiring of staff needed to effectively manage the Visitors Center Gift Shop
3. Train Gift Shop and Custodial staff
4. Schedule the Visitors Center staff in an efficient manner
5. Maintain proper cash controls in the Gift Shop
6. Order merchandise and maintain proper inventory for the Gift Shop in conjunction with established budgetary guidelines
7. Conduct monthly inventories of the Gift Shop
8. Actively seek revenue producing opportunities by scheduling and overseeing group functions associated with the Visitors Center Medill Room and Gallery
9. Manage the Cantigny Birthday Party Program
10. Assure the Visitors Center is maintained in a clean and orderly manner
11. Assure that correct and timely information is disseminated to Cantigny's visitors
12. Recruit, train and schedule Visitors Center Volunteers to perform kiosk duties
13. Participate in an on-going professional development program with the guidance of supervisor
14. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Bachelors degree in related field
2. Supervisory experience
3. Gift Shop Management experience
4. Must be self-directed, creative, energetic, flexible, and organized with excellent communication skills.
5. Able to work weekends, evenings and select holidays
6. Valid Illinois driver's license
7. Must become trained in First Aid, C.P.R. and Automated External Defibrillator. Must maintain valid certification
RobertR.McCormickMuseum at Cantigny
1S151 Winfield Rd.