Curator/Director Salaries

  • Lester Wondrow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
      Hello,
      I am a volunteer museum curator/director for the Warrenville Historical Museum.  The city is considering hiring someone to replace me when I move next summer.  I need to write a job description and qualifications including a recommendation for a suggested salary.  Not having professional training personally and being a volunteer for a volunteer only museum, I have no idea how much to recommend they budget for a starting salary.  I know what I have been doing to manage the museum and the volunteers but if anyone has a job description that I could modify that would be helpful also.  We are currently open 2 days a week and have about 3,000 square foot of display space.  Our collection is about 3000 artifacts and we have about 15 volunteers.
      Please e-mail me if you have some information that would be helpful.
      Thank you.
      Carolyn Wondrow
      Warrenville Historical Museum
      wonders2@...