Past Perfect software

  • Harold Scott
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 6 1:08 PM
      Dear List:

      While discussing Past Perfect software, could those of us who may
      be less even enlightened, be provided a short description of, and a
      source for, this software by someone who is familiar with it?

      Thanks:

      HG Scott
    • Mark D. Hanson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 6 1:14 PM
        Hello:

        In a nutshell, PastPerfect is a  museum software package capable of managing accession and catalog data, donor information, loans, exhibits, and membership information with quite a few "ease of access" features like search terms, default Chehall's nomenclature, and reporting and research tools.

        They have a pretty good website at http://www.museumsoftware.com/ . I believe you can also download a demo copy of the package to try before you buy.

        Hope this helps.

        ________________________
        Mark D. Hanson
        Curator
        Chanute Air Museum
        1011 Pacesetter Drive
        Rantoul, Illinois   61866-3672
        217-893-1613  *  217-892-5774 (fax)
        curator@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9 10:16 AM
          thanks, Mark.  We have had past perfect for awhile but not sure if we are taking every advantage of it.  Our collection and membership records are entered.  How are things at Chanute???
          Margaret (Peggie) Stromberg
          Executive Director
          Elgin Public Museum
          847-741-6655
          peggie_epm@...

          curator@aeromuseum. org

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 9 11:58 AM
            No Problem. If I can help with PastPefect, let me know.

            The Chanute Air Museum is hanging in there. Definitely not out of the woods, but hanging in.

            Thanks,

            peggie_epm@cityofel gin.org