Workshop "Creating Inclusive Organizations"

  • lnelson399
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2008
      In our efforts to create and sustain meaningful experiences for
      visitors and volunteers, I am posting this workshop opportunity.

      Leah Nelson
      Rockford, IL

      NORTHERN ILLINOIS CENTER FOR NONPROFIT EXCELLENCE

      REGISTRATION DEADLINE: APRIL 1, 2008

      CREATING INCLUSIVE ORGANIZATIONS

      THIS WORKSHOP CREATES A FORUM FOR SELF-REFLECTION AND DIALOGUE ABOUT
      INCLUSIVITY. YOU WILL LEARN THE FOLLOWING:

      · How your life experiences and assumptions affect your
      understanding of and actions toward inclusivity

      · How oppression operates an individual and institutional
      levels, and how you may unintentionally exclude people

      · How to use privilege with integrity to enhance inclusivity
      in your organization

      · Differences between nondiscriminatory and inclusive
      behaviors at the personal and institutional level

      · A model for creating more inclusive organizations

      APRIL 8-9, 2008
      8:30 AM – 4:30 PM

      COST: $200
      2008 NICNE MEMBERS APPLY DISCOUNT

      ENROLLMENT LIMITED TO 50 PARTICIPANTS

      FACILITATORS:

      Kathy Germann is a regular workshop instructor for the University of
      Wisconsin-Madison, a former YWCA executive director and training
      unit manager of a human services agency. Kathy currently operates
      her own consulting and training business specializing in diversity
      issues, conflict resolution, team-building and training design.

      Denise Jess has facilitated training on a wide range of human
      relations issues since the mid-1980's. Denise also serves as an ad
      hoc instructor for the University of Wisconsin-Division of
      Continuing Studies. Denise is deeply committed to supporting
      learners in creating inclusive environments where the voices of all
      members are respected and nurtured.

      DOWNLOAD BROCHURE & REGISTRATION FORM:

      www.rockford.edu/nicne

      Click on "Special Events"

      Karen Ream

      Program and Membership Coordinator
      Northern Illinois Center for Nonprofit Excellence
      Rockford College
      5050 East State Street
      Rockford, IL 61108
      PH: 815 394-4384
      Fax: 815 226-4161E-mail: KReam@...
      "Let the Beauty we Love be what we do"....Rumi