Fwd: [AASLH-SmallMuseums] CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Small museum-related sessions for 2008 AAM meeting in Denver

  • mturner4626@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 9:18 AM
      FYI

      Mary Turner
      Illinois Association of Museums
      Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
      1 Old State Capitol Plaza
      Springfield, IL 62701
      217/524-7080
      mary.turner@...
      www.illinoismuseums.org

      "Sullivan, Tracey" <tsullivan@...> wrote:
      To: <SmallMuseums@yahoogroups.com>
      From: "Sullivan, Tracey" <tsullivan@...>
      Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:15:11 -0400
      Subject: [AASLH-SmallMuseums] CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Small museum-related sessions for 2008 AAM meeting in Denver

      Hi everyone. The Small Museum Administrators’ Committee (SMAC), a standing professional committee of AAM, is currently seeking session proposals for the 2008 meeting in Denver. The theme for the meeting is “Leadership: An Open Mic for New Ideas”.
      I know that there are a lot of great ideas out there, so please share with us! We do already have some ideas percolating, so if you’re interested in participating in a session on:
      1.    HR management for a small museum
      2.    What is a ‘small museum’?
      3.    Small museum-school partnerships
      4.    Board relationships
      or know of someone who would be a great speaker on one of these topics, then please let me know. I can be reached at tsullivan@entnet. org or 703-519-1579.
      If you have a different session in mind, by all means, send in a proposal form, or you can even just email me the topic idea. The deadline for proposal submissions (seeking SMAC endorsement) is July 9, 2007. The form and instructions can be found at http://aam-us. org/am/08/ form.cfm. If you need help fleshing out the proposal or finding speakers, I’m happy to help.
      As you all know, small museums are great resources for each other. So share your experiences and your expertise and submit a session idea!
      Thanks everyone!
      Tracy Sullivan
      SMAC-AAM Program Chair
      ~~~
      Tracy L. Sullivan
      Director, John Q. Adams Center for the History of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery
      American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery Foundation
      One Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-3357
      1-703-519-1579; 1-703-683-5100 (fax); www.entnet.org/ museum
      Working for the Best Ear, Nose, and Throat Care

      Illinois Association of Museums
      Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
      1 Old State Capitol Plaza
      Springfield, IL 62701