Fwd: AAM and AMM in Chicago

  • mturner4626@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2007
      For those of you who are attending the American Assocaition of Museums meeting in Chicago or who will be in the area on May 15th, take advantage of the invitation below.
      Mary

      Mary Turner
      Illinois Association of Museums
      Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
      1 Old State Capitol Plaza
      Springfield, IL 62701
      217/524-7080
      mary.turner@...
      www.illinoismuseums.org

      You are invited ---

      In conjunction with the AAM annual conference in Chicago, the Association of Midwest Museums (AMM) will host a reception for museum colleagues from throughout the midwest on Tuesday, May 15 from 5 - 7 pm.  The reception will be at the Illinois State Museum Chicago Gallery in the James R. Thompson Center in the Chicago Loop. This will be a wonderful networking opportunity. In addition, you can enter a drawing for a complimentary registration for the 2007 AMM annual conference to be held at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, September 25 - 28.

      You can sign up for this event through the AAM conference registration. This is event #40 in the AMM program ($10 fee).

      All Illinois museum colleagues are welcome at this reception, whether or not you are currently a member of AMM or are attending the AAM annual conference.  However, if you plan to attend but aren't registering for AAM, please call 314/746-4557 to reserve your place.

      The reception is hosted by the Illinois State Museum, Hess and Associates, and Browning, Day Mullins Dierdorf.  On display in the recently renovated gallery is John James Audubon: The Birds of America and a companion exhibition, While All the Tribes of Birds Sang, an exhibit of bird related art and artifacts that provide a broader visual context of our relationships to the avian world.

      The adjacent Illinois Artisans Shop will also be open, featuring fine craft made by juried members of the Illinois Artisans Program.  During the reception a 10% discount will be offered.

    • Angela Steinmetz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        Crates- free to a good home! Hi everyone-
        I have 15 internationally specked crates that we would like to give away.  We currently have no use for them (they were all made for previous outgoing loans), and are in need of space.  The crates are available on a first-come, first-served basis.  If you are interested and have the means to pick them up, they’re yours! Please contact me off-list at the email address below if interested.  The list of crate dimensions is as follows:

        1. 19 x 30 x 23"
        2. 22 x 61 x 29"
        3. 11 x 20 x 22"
        4. 30 x 27 x 27"