Re: [IAM_ListServ] Window Tinting Film

  • mturner4626@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2006
       I'm not familiar with that particular brand of UV filtering material, but tests have shown that the film on windows is effective in blocking up to 85 to 90% of the damaging rays.  However, I would still agree with you that the artifacts should be moved out of the sunlight whether the windows are covered or not.  You could also cover the case with light blocking fabric (available where drapery fabrics are sold) when the museum is not open.

      Hope this helps,
      Mary

      Mary Turner
      Illinois Association of Museums