Fwd: [AASLH Hist House Mus] AASLH Call for Proposals

  • mturner4626@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2006

      Mary Turner
      Illinois Association of Museums
      Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
      1 Old State Capitol Plaza
      Springfield, IL 62701
      217/524-7080
      mary.turner@...
      www.illinoismuseums.org

      -----Original Message-----
      From: hawkins@...
      To: historichousemuseums@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 8:43 AM
      Subject: [AASLH Hist House Mus] AASLH Call for Proposals

      Deadline for Proposals for 2007 AASLH Annual Meeting is November 17

      The American Association for State and Local History (AASLH) is pleased to
      announce its 2007 annual meeting will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, September 5 -
      8, 2007. The theme for this meeting is RELEVANCE=The Bottom Line. The program
      committee intends to emphasize the necessity to make our historical societies
      relevant and important to the communities we serve, both through the educational
      services we provide as well as practices we utilize to make our organizations
      financially sustainable.

      The program committee believes the richness of the theme can be expressed in a
      number of ways. Accordingly they are seeking session proposals that: (1) explore
      how we respond, as an industry, to our visitors' interests; (2) identify subject
      matters and delivery methods to appeal to our audiences as being relevant to and
      important in their lives; (3) elaborate on the variety of ways to achieve
      relevance for diverse audiences; (4) highlight best examples of projects and
      institutions that have exhibited greatest appeal to visitors as well as donors;
      and (5) identify best management practices to assure our organizations will
      achieve long-term financial stability.

      Proposals will be accepted in one of the following six formats: panels,
      workshops, roundtables, point/counter-point, laboratories, or critical issues
      forum. Each session must have a chairperson responsible for finding other
      panelists and coordinating logistics. All chairs must be affiliated with an
      institutional member or be an AASLH individual member. Topics for sessions
      should fall into at least one of the categories listed on page one of the
      proposal form.

      Proposals must be submitted on a Call for Proposals form. You may submit the
      form via e-mail, fax, or mail. Click here (http://www.aaslh.org/documents/2007CallForProposals.pdf)
      to download a PDF version of the Call for Proposals form from the AASLH Web
      site. To obtain a copy in Microsoft Word to complete and submit via e-mail, send
      a message to Bethany Hawkins at hawkins@.... For more information, visit
      the AASLH Web site, www.aaslh.org, or contact Bethany Hawkins via e-mail or
      phone (615-320-3203).

      Bethany Hawkins
      Program Associate
      American Association for State and Local History
      1717 Church St.
      Nashville, TN 37203
      615-320-3203
      hawkins@...

      This listserv is managed by the American Association for State and Local
      History; for information, go to www.aaslh.org.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional