FW: [talk] Discussion about meaning making in museums, Wed. 7/17

  • Gutenkauf, Diane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2013

      This looks cool.

      Diane Gutenkauf

      Director

      Robert R. McCormick Museum

      630-260-8159 (v)

      dgutenkauf@...

      From: Allen-Greil, Dana [mailto:D-Allen-Greil@...]
      Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 3:19 PM
      To: talk@... Subscriber
      Subject: [talk] Discussion about meaning making in museums, Wed. 7/17

      You are invited to join NAME (National Association for Museum Exhibition) for a series of Twitter chats about innovative, visitor-centered practices in museums. NAME is hosting this chat series in conjunction with the latest issue of the Exhibitionist journal, on the topic of "Meaning Making."

      The first chat will be held on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 (1pm EST / 10 AM PST). We'll be talking with staff from the Oakland Museum of California(@oaklandmuseumca) about integrating visitor-made imagery within an exhibition display.

      Follow @NAMExhibitions on Twitter or search for the hashtag #meaningmaking to get started.

      CHAT HOSTS

      * Dana Allen-Greil, Editorial Advisory Board, Exhibitionist - @danamuses

      * Gretchen Jennings, Editor, Exhibitionist - @gretchjenn

      * Peter Samis, Associate Curator, Interpretation, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art - @psamis

      * Mimi Michaelson, Independent Researcher

      CHAT GUESTS

      * Lori Fogarty, Director and CEO

      * Lisa Silberstein, Experience Developer

      * Mary Faria, Evaluator

      * Sean Olson, Research and Experience Coordinator

      * Carin Adams, Associate Curator Art and Material Culture

      * Jennifer Miller, Exhibition Assistant

      * Robert Fahey, Social Media Coordinator

      RECOMMENDED READING

      We recommend that you read the short article, "Meaning Making in Nine Acts," by Peter Samis and Mimi Michaelson prior to the chat. http://bit.ly/meaningmakingarticle

      UPCOMING CHATS

      Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 4pm EST / 1 PM PST

      Join us for the next #meaningmaking chat on July 31 about museums as community living rooms. Our guests will be staff from the Columbus Museum of Art.

      LEARN MORE

      You can find more information about our guests and the chat topic here:

      NEW TO TWITTER?

      Don't worry, everyone can view the chat, even without a Twitter account! You only need a Twitter account if you want to join the conversation (i.e., send a tweet). To view the chat, you can simply search Twitter for the hashtag (#meaningmaking) or use Twubs, which will automatically refresh the page when new messages are posted: http://twubs.com/meaningmaking

      Please contact Dana Allen-Greil with questions: @danamuses or d-allen-greil@...

      Don't forget to visit the Museum-Ed Web site for programs, archives, sample documents and more. www.museum-ed.org.

      Follow us on Twitter @museumed, on LinkedIn http://linkd.in/ZPBsqu on Facebook http://on.fb.me/ZPBRta

      To reply to this message, address your reply to talk@... To send a new message to the list, address it to talk@... To access and search the discussion list archives http://museum-ed.org/discussionlist/searchable-archives/ To unsubscribe from: talk@..., just follow this link: http://museum-ed.org/discussionlist/subscribeunsubscribe/